“Lovely Hotel”
Review of Hotel Acadia

Hotel Acadia
Ranked #52 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 10 November 2008

We were extremely pleased with our stay at the Hotel Acadia. Our room was pretty with a lovely large en-suite bathroom and comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly and helpful, even when we paid with traveller's cheques which caused them to be a little flumoxed.
The addition of a free jacuzzi in the hotel was an extra bonus as was the free (or discounted) breakfast at the restaurant around the corner!

I could not recommend it for those who are unfit though, as it is not only up a steep hill, but our room was at the top of a very long and narrow set of windy stairs! Not easy with a suitcase!

But overall, a lovely hotel and excellent service.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonTbird

Reviewed 8 October 2008

Booked this room from the internet at bonjourquebec.com and everything worked fine. We got a huge room with two queen beds and a small bathroom. The reception is in another building across the street, after the check- in they gave us the keys and that was it. We had the front door key from the L’Ermitage building and our room key. It was like having our own apartment in Quebéc City.
In the main building they provide free internet access in a laptop which was very helpful to arrange other services to our up coming trip to Montreal.
The hotel is little dated but it matches the Quebéc style and even adds a charm.
Breakfast was served in a coffee house just 1 block away, very convenient and also good food.
Everything in the city was near from the hotel, if you like to walk and don’t mind to climb some stairs it’s easy to get around the old city.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank sarhm
Reviewed 21 August 2008

I booked the Hotel Acadia with confidence after reading a review from this site and seeing the hotel images posted. This property was also listed as a level 3 hotel for the conference that I was attending. The best part of the stay was that the hotel was in walking distance to the convention center (quite a walk), and located within the old town tourist attraction area. It was also clean. Breakfast was provided off site; the food was good; the service very poor. The negatives are that I did not get the room promised. I was assigned a room on the 5th floor (extremely steep and narrow staircase and no elevator) and told I would have to change later in the stay;some day time receptionist staff were not particulary helpful. There is central heating only so I was very uncomfortable most of the stay. In addition, my refurnbished room was only passible, with the bare essentials and a tiny makeshift tbathroom. I expected a tiny room in Paris with bare essentials; however, this stay was more uncomfortable than the Paris stay. A more customer oriented staff would make up for some of the other deficiencies. I would not stay here again. Be aware that that site evidently has a wide range of room types; so what you are seeing on this site and what others have posted may not be what you get.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2008

I was positively impressed by the Hotel Acadia - the rooms were superbly furnished and had everything we needed. More surprising was the nice breakfast included at a restaurant just around the corner as well as the nearby parking made available to guests for a cost of $12 a day (very reasonable for Old Quebec). The best part of this hotel was its excellent location near the citadel in the fortified part of the city (Old Quebec) - everything was within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank crash2k8
Reviewed 20 May 2008

We just got back from a weekend stay at the Acadia. I travelled with my husband, parents, sister, her husband and their 3 yr old daughter. I stayed in room 121, in the basement. Even though the room was in the basement, I felt like I was on the top floor because it was bright and cheery. The room itself was small but enouigh space for my husband and I to move around freely in. The staff was very pleasant. We were steps away from all the attractions.
All in all, I was extremely satisfied with the hotel. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2008

This hotel is very nice. The historical features are still very present which is part of the hotel's charm. We stayed in room 101, a suite. Although it is located in the basement, it is very nice. Working fireplace, big shower, jacuzzi tub. The service is very nice. We booked the romantic package and went to Conti Caffe for supper. Good communication between staff at hotel and restaurant. Massages available right in hotel. Hot tub up on the roof, often vacant in the evening.

I would recommend this hotel to anyway wishing to experience the magic of old Québec.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2008

We have just returned from our stay at Hotel Acadia in Quebec City. Perfect location inside the old town. What was going to be a great week-end started on the wrong feet at our arrival.
We had the real impression to disturb the personnal at the desk.
When we reserved we were told we were getting a deluxe room but let me tell you this room was small and cold, and not well decorated.
The person at the reception could not give us information on the activities that were going on for the Carnaval de Quebec. She handed us a flyer but stipulate the non-recycle paper that it is peinted on.
It is a good thing that we spent most of our time out at the Carnaval.

The good thing is there are other hotels in old Quebec City and I will not return to the Hotel Arcadia.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple