“Fantastic Location, Beautiful Property”

Hotel Le Clos Saint-Louis
Ranked #22 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Newfield, New Jersey
“Fantastic Location, Beautiful Property”
Reviewed 4 August 2007

We stayed at Le Clos St. Louis for two nights, and our only regret was that we didn't stay longer. Our room, #20, was lovely, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was a comfortable size, with a large soaking tub. Breakfast was good, with a choice of five different items. We sampled the ham and eggs and the french toast. Service was friencly and helpful. And best of all was the location, convenient to anything you want to do in Old Quebec. We would come back to Quebec, and we'd definitely return to Hotel Le Clos Saint Louis.

• Liked — Location was perfect.
  • Disliked — Lack of shelf space in the bathroom.
2 Thank dvdcrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2007

My husband and I just returned from our amazing getaway to Quebec City. It was my first visit and I cannot say one bad thing about the experience. Originally I had wanted to stay at the famous Chateau Frontenac but I came across this House via the internet and I was intrigued! I am so glad that I did! This former house turned Hotel is amazing! Truly beautiful! I love the historical aspect of it. So much history! The hotel itself is gorgeous, full of antiques and very very clean! Our room which was the Maid's room was beautifully decorated and very romantic! The complimentary breakfast was delicious! Not your typical muffins and orange juice complimentary breakfast! (loved the heart shaped shortbread). The reserved parking was appreciated. We hardly had to take our car out at all, as the hotel is central to everything. The staff were very helpful and courteous. Overall, I can't say enough good things about this House! It is truly a gem in the heart of Old Quebec City! We will be back to stay at the Clos Saint-Louis once again very very soon. I will not look anywhere else!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
4 Thank BettinaR
Michigan
Reviewed 31 July 2007

We stayed a week at Le Clos, a bit nervous beforehand as that was a long time to spend in a hotel we'd never seen. But at the end of the week, we found that we had a very hard time leaving!
When we arrived, Paul greeted us warmly at the front desk, met us in the parking lot to show us how to get into our spot, and then recommended a cozy pub for dinner, which turned out to have excellent food at reasonable prices. Our whole stay was just as delightful; our room was beautiful and comfortable and the staff, including the owner, Ghyslaine, was helpful without being instrusive.
Yes, they serve breakfast downstairs but goodness, it's a lovely room with antique tea sets and other china pieces on display. You are greeted with a smile and given a choice of five light breakfasts; my personal favorite was a parfait of fresh fruit, granola, yogurt and a cookie.
There is no elevator, which didn't bother us as we kind of deserved the workout after eating great Quebec food all day. But if you don't want to climb many stairs, book a room on the first floor.
We've traveled a bit and stayed at city hotels, chain motels, historical hotels and guest houses. The Clos St-Louis is our all-time favorite. We will be back.

• Liked — The feeling of welcome
  • Disliked — nothing
1 Thank bushwhack
Tennessee
Reviewed 11 July 2007

My wife and I came here after three days in Montreal. We hated to leave Montreal because we had so enjoyed our stay there, and I hate to have the best at the "front" of my vacation. I should not have worried.

Where to start? The room was beautiful and comfortable. The location of the hotel was central to all we wanted to do (we parked the car and did not enter it again for three days and saw all we wanted to see). The breakfasts served in the morning were good and got us through to supper (and with all the walking and just two meals a day I lost 4 pounds on this trip[your results may differ]).

But one of the best parts of the hotel was the staff, especially the gentleman at the front desk (sorry I didn't get his name). They were all helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

Not only will we return to the hotel, but we were both sorry that we could not stay another week.

6 Thank seeker57
new york
Reviewed 10 July 2007

My husband and I just returned from 3 nights at the hotel. From the moment we arrived it lived up to our high expectations. Location, ambiance, helpful and gracious staff. I'm already planning my return.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
8 Thank tituspaddler
New York City
Reviewed 8 July 2007

This is a beautiful small hotel in a beautiful small city. The staff are all charming and helpful. The rooms are wonderful. And the location is perfect on the most charming street in the old city of Quebec - rue St. Louis. It is a perfect place to stay for a romantic weekend away. We will be back in Quebec, and at Le Clos St. Louis, next summer!

• Liked — Perfect location, totally charming, wonderful staff
  • Disliked — Nothhing
8 Thank OccasionalTraveler23
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 June 2007

Wow! This hotel is a jem! I felt like royalty the moment I came in. The decor is spectacular. Our room (#5) was so beautiful, it took my breath away.

You can't beat the location. It is in the center of Old Quebec, within a few steps of an abundance of restaurants and shops.

The Clos St-Louis was not "just" a hotel, it was a memorable experience.

Of all the hotels I've stayed in, this one is my favorite!

• Liked — How it transported me in the 17th century.
  • Disliked — I hate that I did not stay over longer.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple