If you're looking for homey coziness, this is definitely the place to go. Gîte au Croissant de Lune was a lovely B&B recently acquired by Patricia, who runs the place. The atmosphere of the place is really lovely and the dining area is really lovely (the picture of the room with a wall full of books has been changed into a picturesque dining room).
For breakfast, Patricia prepares delicious 2-dish breakfasts usually with a healthy yogurt dish then a carb-based dish (pancakes/bagels/creps) accompanied by delicious juice with herbs and of course, french press coffee. The presentation of the food is excellent as is the taste. Amongst the food I had in Old Quebec City, I think I miss Patricia's home made breakfasts the most.
Initially, I was concerned about the shared bath, but there is a small toilet and a big bathroom shared amongst three rooms. I didn't have any difficulty taking a shower when I wished to. It was convenient and clean.
Distance wise it's about a 10minute walk to the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. The walk never bothered me. It was always a pleasant walk.
Plus, on days when your feet are tired to go back near the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac you'll find plenty of places to spend time around the B&B. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes on St. Jean street in front of the B&B from homemade icecream, chocolate, oldest supermarket in North America, cafes and bars.
I'd go back any day :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1996 in a quaint quarter of Quebec City. Nearby the St-Jean Street, lively thoroughfare of Old Quebec and located just beside the Convention Center. A bed & breakfast that makes the difference for your tourism and business travels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Gite Au Croissant de Lune reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gite Au Croissant De Lune Hotel Quebec City
- Gite Au Croissant De Lune Quebec/Quebec City