This is a quaint hotel in the old part of Quebec, 2 blocks from the Chateau Frontenac and a few blocks from the main road, the Grand Allee. The owner is so helpful and personable and her two resident cats love to greet the guests and be petted. We parked the car for 3 days in a secure garage nearby at the rate of $22/day.
Each morning after sleeping on a very comfortable bed, Ms. Roy puts out a beautiful arrangment of coffee, teas, orange juice and fresh baked goods that we took up to our room while getting ready to head out for the day. The rooms have air conditioning (which most hotels do not have) and it was very much appreciated as it was 85 and above each day. Our room #6, 2nd floor (stairs and no elevators in any of these hotels) was lovely with a modern bathroom and beautiful crown moldings, chandeliers and furniture. There is also a flat screen t.v. and hardwood floors.
We had breakfast at L'Omelette daily and that was a delicious omelette (of course) or eggs benedict, but basically American breakfasts. Dinner is delicious, ask for recommendations and Marielle will help you find what you wish to eat. Wear your sneakers though, it is all up hill I swear!
This hotel was clean and in a great location. Pricing is competitive and worth every penny and again, your host will help you enjoy Quebec to the fullest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City