Maison du Fort
US$367
US$258
US$238
  • Breakfast included
Le Manoir d'Auteuil(Quebec City)
US$216
US$210
  • Bar/Lounge
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$137
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$161
Hotel 71(Quebec City)
US$339
US$313
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$126
  • Pool
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$509
US$494
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmarielle royresident cathouse catnamed oscarold quebecquiet streeteach morningfresh baked goodsyogurttwo blocksbay windowhome away from homeshort walkdufferin terracetop floorperfect locationair conditioning
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed for a 2 night weekend and it lived up to all expectations. As most reviews state, Marielle greets you at the door, and within moments, you are wondering if you know her from a past life. We stayed on the top floor- 2 room suite. The view was great and the exposed stone walls were very cool. The best part of this house (it's not exactly a hotel) is the location. You can walk to everything. One of my worries was unloading and parking. There is very little traffic on their street, so you can pull right up front and unload. The parking garage is 2 blocks away and reasonably priced. I can see why they have the #1 ranking.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cody W
Reviewed 18 September 2012

For our first visit to Quebec City, my wife and I were happy we picked the Maison du Fort to stay at for 3 nights in July.

Situated in the Old Quebec area close to the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, the hotel was very charming and convenient. Our hostess Marielle was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for exploring the city. Our Room 5 was nice and clean, but I found the bathroom a bit small and cluttered, which is probably understandable given the age of the building. Parking was a bit of a nuisance as well but again, given the location, I’m not sure there is much you could do about it. The enjoyment of staying in the location we did out weighed those two minor irritants.

Overall, a good place to stay and we would return if we have the chance.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MusicManOntario
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Celebrating our 40th anniversary brought us to Quebec and Madame Roy was the perfect host! The hotel was clean, quiet, close to everything and we were made to feel very welcome. Extra touches such as wine glasses when it was noticed that we had our own bottle of wine and helping track down a lost wallet were appreciated very much. Thank you for the wonderful stay!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Based on reading reviews of this property on Trip Advisor, my cousin and I decided to try it out in early September. I was a bit concerned because I normally stay at large, chain hotels known for safety and reliability and all the amenities of home. We were SO glad we stayed here. The location was right in Old QC where you could walk to everything. A car was not needed. The building itself had lots of charm, and the hostess of the property, Marielle, was just as charming! Coming back to the hotel each evening was like coming home. We stayed in Room 6 which had 2 large double beds and a generous sitting room. Beautiful, large European-type windows bringing in lots of light. We are from Connecticut, so we took the train to Montreal where we stayed for a few days and then continued on by train to QC. We even walked to the hotel from the railroad station which was all uphill. If you are not a walker, I would recommend taking a taxi directly to the hotel. Great value for the price. If I ever get back to QC, I will go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mgaug2000
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My wife and I booked late, and we're only able to book a "small" room. Marielle insisted that I look at pictures of the room before confirming the booking. The room was cozy and was more in my price range than the larger rooms. The location was perfect, and the car stayed in the garage until it was time to leave. Marielle made the visit seem like we were staying with relatives (that we liked). I was also warned about cats, as my wife is allergic and Marielle loves her cats. My wife had no reaction which is a testament to the care taken to cleaning. We would not hesitate to recommend this location to all our friends!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple