We have just returned from a visit to Old Quebec. We took our relatives from England to visit. The Hotel Maison du Fort is an outstanding small hotel. Just 9 rooms. The rooms were wonderful! The are exactly as you seem them on the hotel website. A very unusual thing in my experience. The accommodation is beautifully decorated, immaculately clean, morning coffee is excellent, along with the great treats provided. We stayed in rooms 5 and 6 on the second floor. Both excellent. Great shower, TV, Radio, etc., Lovely soaps and shower toiletries. Every thing was just wonderful!
Location of the hotel is perfect. Right in the heart of Old Quebec. You can walk everywhere. Lots of convenient restaurants, shopping, close to the harbour and walking distance to the farmer's market. Lots of museums, galleries and very close to the main tourist information centre for booking day trips, etc.
Marielle, the proprietress is very helpful, friendly and accommodating. She was a pleasure to deal with. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. This hotel is an original structure and is therefore a walk up to rooms so, if you have mobility issues it may not be the place for you, however, we all found it a fabulous place to stay and would gladly recommend it to all. I will definitely book this hotel again when I next visit Quebec.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City