Exactly what we were looking for in the old city, within in walking distance to all the upper and lower sections-so a vehicle is NOT needed and in fact would be a hinderance. Marielle is a delight-more than helpful, gracious and so welcoming. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and very European in design and feel-all a PLUS for us. We stayed in room 5, the coffee and pastries in the AM are exceptional and the ability to take them to your room and plan your day made it feel like you were home. Would definately stay there again and recommend to any traveler as this was our FOURTH trip to Quebec City!
Also as a sidebar Quebec City in winter MAGNIFIQUE!!!! Don't miss it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City