let me just start off by saying that when we arrived, we were greeted by Marielle, the owner, and it felt like I was just arriving at my favorite aunts house, she was so warm and inviting and made us immediately feel very much at home. We arrived very early in the morning, too early for our room to be ready, Marielle happily took our bags and kept them in her own space for us and then suggested a few places we could go for breakfast. We walked the amazing streets of old Quebec City and shopped for a bit and then returned to another warm greeting from Marielle who showed us to our room. Room #10 is on the third floor, our view was of the Chateau Frontenac, just amazing! the room itself has such old world character. It was warm and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this little gem and we are already looking forward to a return trip to the Masion du Fort next New Years Eve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City