We stayed at Maison du Fort for several nights in early August and enjoyed our stay there. We found the owner Marielle very friendly and helpful, particularily in that we arrived late due to some travel difficulties. She helped us get our car parked for the first night since a nearby main straight was about to close down for a city parade which would have made it nearly impossible to get to the parking garage, and after a long day of travel we were thankful for that.
We stayed in room #10 on the third floor, and the room was nicely kept and decorated. Each day the room was cleaned VERY well and overall there was plenty of space in the room. As noted on the hotels website, there is no air conditioning, but the temperatures were such that leaving the windows open and the fan on made the room comfortable. The only downside was, contrary to what many of the reviews mention, there was fair amount of street noise through the night and the early morning, not form people per se, but from vehicles going much faster then one would think down the street seemingly at all hours of the night.
As mentioned there are a couple of cats wondering around downstairs, but we like to see the cats.
The hotel is close to the Chateau Frontenac and close to just about everything else, I don't believe you will be disappointed staying at Maison du Fort and I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Hotel.de so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City