My husband and I stayed here over the long weekend (we are from Ontario) along with married friends of ours from Maine. We were warmly welcomed upon arrival and promptly given a map of the city along with entertainment suggestions for the weekend. Very close to the downtown core, with the Chateau Frontenac a mere two blocks around the corner. Down-to-earth owner lives at the location but in a separate attachment to the hotel along with her friendly cats. Fresh baked goods every morning with coffee and tea. Every room has a funny little cat decor to it but contributes to the atmosphere. No air conditioner unfortunately but fairly airy - temperature goes down to cool the summer evenings in Quebec City. Parking is approximately two blocks away and rooms don't have mini bar fridges, however if you bring a small cooler, ice can be purchased at a convenience store about three blocks away. Can't beat the location for the price and the lovely owner, who speaks both French and English, makes this feel more like a quaint B&B than an impersonal large hotel. I would definitely go back and recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City