Marielle, the proprietor of Hotel Maison du Fort, warmly greeted us upon arrival and personally escorted us to our room. We stayed in Room 1 on the first floor. The room was spectacular. I am not embellishing when I say you will not find a cleaner hotel room anywhere. We had all the space we needed. And even though we were on the first floor, you had all the privacy you needed and things were always very quite. In the morning, Marielle sets out fresh baked goods, coffee, tea, and juice. A great way to start your day. This place feels more like a home than a hotel, and that alone is worth the price of the stay. Oh yeah, and as far as the price is concerned, Maison du Fort is very affordable given its location (literally 2 minutes walk from the Frontenac and the Terrase Dufferin). We plan on coming here and sharing out Quebec vacations with Marielle for years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City