“Charming, centrally located hotel!”
Review of Maison du Fort

Maison du Fort
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 8 September 2010

My wife and I had a wonderful time at this hotel. Even as our car was pulling up in front, the owner/manager, Marielle, came rushing to greet us! You knew right away that she is someone who cares deeply about her hotel and her guests. She made us feel very welcome.

The hotel is in the heart of the atmospheric old city, just two blocks from the promenade that runs along the St. Lawrence Seaway, and three blocks from the Chateau Frontenac.

If you are seeking the European charm of the old city, this place is for you!

3  Thank gsriniv1
There are newer reviews for Maison du Fort

Reviewed 7 September 2010

I stayed at Maison du Fort from Monday to Friday. Everyday was delightful. Marielle made me feel like I was family. The rooms are beautifully decorated and look exactly as they are pictured on line. The hotel is immaculate! As a solo traveler, the hotel was ideal for me as it was so centrally located near restaurants and sights. The Tourist Office is just down the block and around the corner from the Hotel Frontenac. The views are magnificent. The only downside was it was unseasonably hot and there was no air conditioning. I would definitely stay there again but it would be in June or September! This was one of the nicest vacations I have taken in a long time. The closest thing to Europe, but only an hour and forty minutes from home (New York). Thank you Marielle for a lovely vacation! See you soon. Au revoir!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank jmontelbano
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My husband and two close friends spent 3 nights in room # 11. We greatly enjoyed everything about this B & B. The owner was very friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and even had a kitchen. It was perfect for two couples. The location is very convenient and the view is magnificent. I highly recommend this place if you are visiting Quebec City.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nunavuttall
Reviewed 26 August 2010

From the moment we met the delightful owner of the Maison du Fort to the moment we hugged and departed we were cared for. Murielle is as wonderful as her establishment. She met us at the door, gave us plenty of Quebec City possibilities and we were shown our room in this beautifully restored 1850s home. Her maison is truly a home in Old Quebec to all travellers!

3  Thank John08_10_10
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We stayed here last summer and planned to take our 12 year old granddaughter back for a visit in 2010. This we did. Marielle's B&B is just as wonderful and comfortable as ever. I will be repeating myself (September 2009) but I can't help but rave more about Maison du Fort. It was like coming back to visit an old friend. As soon as we arrived, Marielle told us about the free Cirque du Soleil show that was taking place that night. Without her advice we would never have had one of our most memorable experiences ever. Our granddaughter will never forget that magical night. Neither will we, thanks to Marielle.

We had room # 6 which was perfect for the three of us, lots of windows and a lovely sitting area. Everything is sparkling clean. The B & B is just a short walking distance from anything you might want to do in Vieux Quebec City. Beautifully located with parking a short distance away. Easy, easy, easy. Marielle is a font of information on Vieux Quebec City, she is always ready to help with any questions you might have. We feel so fortunate to have picked Maison du Fort last year, now we always know where we will stay in Quebec City. And there is no question as to why Maison du Fort won the 2010 award from Tripadvisor!

• Stayed: August 2010
3  Thank Jonem93
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I recently returned from a 10-day trip to Canada taking in both Montreal and Quebec. I chose my hotels in both cities from Trip Advisor recommendations. In Montreal I was disappointed with the reality of my hotel and so I didn't have very high expectations when I turned up tired, late and demoralized after a long day's travel for the Quebec City half of my stay. My first view of the hotel was of the light spilling out through the open door onto the street, the beautiful varnished floorboards, and of Marielle bustling down the hall to greet me! I had room 8 on the third floor, which Marielle called the 'budget room', as it's her smallest. And indeed it is small but I loved it - it was a cheerful, cosy, quiet little room at the back of the hotel, covered with pictures of big fat Martin Lehman cats. I always loved returning there at the end of a hard day's sightseeing, and became quite addicted to CBC2 on the bedside radio. And with the two friendly cats and the wonderful home-made treats for breakfast, it felt like staying in someone's quirky home. Marielle always had lots of ideas for things to do around town and was very enthusiastic about making sure you knew about all the things going on - especially if they were free! The hotel is ideally located - a short walk along the beautiful boardwalk overlooking the lower town and the river and you're right in the heart of things. Staying at Marielle's hotel helped me enjoy my time in Quebec even more. I know I'll be coming back to this beautful city one day, and when I do I'll be booking cheerful little room 8 at Hotel Maison du Fort. I told you I'd write you a glowing review, Marielle!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank WigansFieryAngel
Reviewed 16 August 2010

All the positive reviews led us to this B&B, but our own experience was so pleasant that we want to add our praise. The location was THE BEST. Marielle was "the hostess with the mostest"--always ready with sight-seeing or restaurant ideas, as well as accommodating us on small requests like hot water in the evening for tea. Our room (#1) was quite nice, with good reading light and comfortable chairs. It gave a nice view of the St. Lawrence river, and was only a block from the Chateau Frontenac and Terrasse Dufferin/Promenade of Governors. The resident cats made a comfy addition to our stay. We look forward to visiting there again and would certainly recommend it to to others

2  Thank KokoDallas_TX