My wife, along with two of our friends, stayed in Room 11 of the Maison du Fort for the Labour Day weekend. From the moment that you step in to the hotel and are greeted by Mme Roy, you know that you are going to enjoy your stay here. She is an exceptionally friendly and helpful hostess whose charm and welcomng attitude reflects the city's. The hotel itself is a 150 year old former residence, which has been uniquely decorated in a cat theme. We stayed in Room 11, which is on the top floor and means that you have to climb lots of steps, which can be cumbersome if you have luggage to carry. The room itself is beautiful and exceptionally clean. We poked our heads in to other rooms as well when the cleaners were in there, and they looked as nice (Room 6 was absolutely stunning, while Room 4 appeared to be smaller than the others). There is a continental breakfast served downstairs each morning, with juice, coffe/tea, and pastries.
the location is perfect: our views from our window included the Citadelle on one side, and the Chateau Frontenac on the other. It is also a short walk to all of the major attractions in Old Quebec.
All in all, this hotel is just about perfect. i would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in the Old City and experience true Quebecois hospitality. it is a great place with a great hostess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City