I stayed for 4 nights at the Hi-Quebec. The staff was altogether very friendly. From the check-in to the check-out they were very helpful to help and answer any questions.
Even with the hostel full they managed to keep it clean. It was a good price for the location (which is close to ALL the touristic spots), and the beds were comfortable enough for a hostel. The bathrooms were large enough and were pretty clean.
The lockers were big enough, I could even fit a small backpack (bring your own lock).
What I didn't like the most was the bedroom that had a really bad smell - but everyone seemed to handle it.
Not a big issue but there were no wifi in the rooms. The wi-fi network in the reception didn't work for guests, the only network that we could connect was the café (which is in the last down level), it had a poor signal in the common rooms - if you wanted to use internet you had to go all the way down to the café/bar. The internet access is limited, so if you're staying for too many nights (I stayed for 4 nights) you better save it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The staff at the Auberge internationale de Québec is always ready to welcome all travelers, alone or in groups. Come and enjoy an unforgettable experience in the beautiful Quebec City region. We are in a great location, nestled inside the walls in the center of the old city. You will be steps away from popular cultural, historical and tourist sites. Our hostel offers lots of services to make your trip simple and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your HiQuebec, Auberge Internationale de Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hi-Quebec, Auberge Internationale De Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- HiQuebec, Auberge Internationale De Quebec Quebec City