The front desk staff and bartender was friendly, the dorm room was clean, and the location was very good.
My biggest concern was the wooden lockers. I was very disappointed to see that all of the screws of my locker door were almost completely out. The staff heard my complaint and allowed me to use another one, but I didn't feel much better because clearly, if I was a determined thief, it would be very easy to take a simple screwdriver and take out the screws. So put your stuff in the lockers at your own risk.
In my experience with other hostels (mainly in Japan), the staff was more than happy to keep my luggage for the day after I checked out without any fees. Here, you have to pay to use a (much better) metal locker near the front desk. I'm not sure if this is the norm in most hostels in North America.
However, this hostel is a total package. They even provide you with a towel. As long as you know what to expect, you shouldn't have any problems. And bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The staff at the Auberge internationale de Québec is always ready to welcome all travelers, alone or in groups. Come and enjoy an unforgettable experience in the beautiful Quebec City region. We are in a great location, nestled inside the walls in the center of the old city. You will be steps away from popular cultural, historical and tourist sites. Our hostel offers lots of services to make your trip simple and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your HiQuebec, Auberge Internationale de Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hi-Quebec, Auberge Internationale De Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- HiQuebec, Auberge Internationale De Quebec Quebec City