We spent a fabulous six days at the Hotel des Coutellier. It could not be better located - near a ton of cafes (including one next door, Cafe Belley, which features both delicious a.m. coffee and even more sumptuous nighttime glasses of L'Achimiste Beer on tap) and steps from the old city. Service was excellent and the front desk staff were both very nice and very helpful. The building itself is snug, in a very good way. There isn't a scintilla of chain-hotel going on here. The details - towels, soaps - were top of the line. And the pastry breakfast delivered to the room daily is a delight. The only critique is that you rely on K-cups for breakfast coffee - but there is no better solution given that breakfast is delivered at 7am for people who will wake at varying times. But the K-cup holds you over until the trip downstairs. Cafe Belley's coffee is better than any in-room coffee could ever be.
Don't miss a trip to the Marché du Vieux Port, the farmer's market, located right across from the hotel. The berries we brought back to our room (admittedly, the benefit of a summer trip) took our pastry breakfast to another level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Quebec, in the heart of Old Quebec City, Hotel des Coutellier is one of the nicest and charming Old Port Inn. For a romantic weekend getaway, a hotel meeting, honeymoon or family vacations, one of our hotel package will fulfill your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel des Coutellier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Coutellier Hotel
- Des Coutellier Quebec City
- Hotel Des Coutellier Quebec/Quebec City