Hotel des Coutellier
US$397
US$367
  • Restaurant
Le Manoir d'Auteuil(Quebec City)
US$216
US$210
  • Bar/Lounge
US$258
US$238
  • Breakfast included
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$137
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$161
Hotel 71(Quebec City)
US$339
US$313
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$126
  • Pool
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$508
US$494
1,159 results
All reviewseach morningyogurtinsulated bagapple saucefarmers marketbreakfast bagcontinental breakfastbreakfast delivered to the roomromantic suiteold towntrain stationkeurig machinelower townantique shopsmini barminute walkgreat boutique
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My first trip to Quebec City and this hotel made the experience a complete success. Location was ideal. Across the street from the farmer's market and waterfront, a quick walk up the street behind the hotel and you are in the old city and all the wonderful things it offers, out the front door turn right and you have restaurants, antique shops and art galleries. Room was comfortable with a large bathroom. The one window in the room opened to let in fresh air and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. A breakfast bag was delivered to our room every morning that included extra yogurt, applesauce and cheese for me due to my gluten free diet. My husband enjoyed the baked goods, jam, orange juice and yogurt. Did I mention Justine? Well she was amazing answered all our questions helped with restaurant suggestions and was so pleasant we need a Justine at every hotel we visit when we travel the world. One very small suggestion I would make for the hotel and that is a fan in every room outside of that it was perfection we would/will definitely stay again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel for less traffic noise.
Reviewed 14 September 2013

After extensive research from Trip Advisor and around the web, we found this hotel and booked it. I had reasonable expectations but the room was better than expected. We had booked a classic room but it was bigger than we expected and the space was well used. The bathroom, in particular, was spacious and had great fluffy towels and nice toiletries, including little extras such as make-up removing toilettes and a massage bar. I've stayed in 5-star hotels in Quebec City before and haven't seen that. The staff was very helpful and we had excellent customer service. I had emailed the hotel prior to our stay and they were very quick to reply and to assist us.

The location was very good, in close proximity to everything if you don't mind a walk. Quebec is a walking city though so bring comfy shoes! The parking is across the street from the hotel and we had in and out privileges. For 10$ a day, it's a great value.

One small suggestion for improvement is that the rooms were air conditioned however we couldn't make the rooms colder and at night, we were warm. Luckily, the windows open (rare in hotel rooms). Also, we had a room with a kitchenette (microwave, microwave oven and fridge) that was stocked with flatware, drink ware and wine glasses but no silverware. It would have been really nice to have some cutlery in the room since we ate in one night.

All in all, for our money, we had a great stay and it was very comfortable. We had a I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Great location on in the old port area - quiet, close to restaurants and the the old city, amenities include soft robes, large bath sheets, continental breakfast delivered to your door. Manager and other staff willingly offered suggestions for restaurants and sights as well as helpful map and directions

1  Thank supersam
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We visited Quebec City in mid August 2013 with 4 other couples. We all stayed here on advice from one of our party who is French speaking Canadian. We were delighted with the location and the ammenities of the hotel. The staff is helpful and attentive and the rooms are comfortable and clean. They provide a nice continental breakfast (Delicious bakery goods Croissants, scones, muffin, fruit or yogurt) which is delivered to each room each morning. Some rooms have microwave and refrigeration. The building is ancient but looks recently remodeled and feels very upscale. There is no ice down the hall and it does not appear to be at all handicapped accessible.
I would not recommend for younger families either, as there is no kid oriented area. For adults who are in reasonably good shape I would not hesitate to recommend it. You need to walk when you are in QC and there are plenty of great shops and eateries nearby (seaport, farmers market and train station where there are several nice upscale restaurants), but much of the old city is a healthy walk up a steep hill. Or you can take the Funicular tram to the top of the hill for a few Loonies. We stayed 3 nights and were delighted. We did not eat at the hotel cafe/restaurand but I noticed that it was usually full at meal times. The weather was a bit cool while we were there but we did not get rained upon. The check-in may be tricky as you need to park on the side walk to bring luggage in, up several stairs -no ramp. You park across the street for $10 per night. We never used the car in 3 days.
I would definitely choose this hotel next time I return to QC.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dennis N
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We booked this hotel based on trip advisor and were so glad we did! We were first time visitors to Quebec City and celebrating our 25th Anniversary. We were looking for a romantic getaway, not a chain hotel. Everything about our experience was wonderful. The room looked exactly like the pictures online and the Jacuzzi was as relaxing as I hoped it would be. (I wish there had been a little instruction manual, though. It took a bit of experimenting to figure it out.) We were walking distance to everything and were glad to have a secure lot to park our car. I suggest that the staff explain at the time of booking how to park in front of the hotel to unload luggage and check in. We drove around several times looking for how to access the front door. It was a staff member from the restaurant next door that noticed us circling and told us we could pull up on what we thought was a sidewalk right in front. We liked the breakfast delivered to the room in an insulated bag. The food was fresh and tasty. I suggest an ice pack to keep creamers, yogurt and juices cold for those of us who sleep very late! I liked having a coffee maker in my room. The room was very clean and the linens were heavenly. We would not hesitate to stay here again and have already recommended it to friends who are planning a romantic trip to QC in the near future.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi was a godsend at the end of each day. All the walking on cobblestone streets, in the hot sun, uphill.....the hot bath with spa bath salts, listening to soothing music on the stereo ......heavenly.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple