“Cozy”

Hotel des Coutellier
Ranked #8 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for out first visit to Quebec City. There we're 3 of us and the room was a bit tight for 3. Beds were nice. Room was clean however it had very little light as the window faced another building. Breakfast was nice to have, but I would trade out one of the breads for more fruit. Good location for restaurants and antique shops. Front desk staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We loved this hotel. It was a great location for everything we wanted to do. We had the Presidential Suite and it was beautiful and comfortable and a reasonable value for all we got. The front desk staff was wonderful and it was so great to get wonderful pasteries and yogurt every morning for breakfast. They thought of everything I could want in hotel (except for a fitness room but walking the hills and biking took care of that!!) I could not have asked for anything more from a hotel. It was fabulous.

Room Tip: Get the Presidential Suite. You will not be disappointed.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Excellent Hotel! Very clean and lovely rooms! A breakfast box is delivered each morning to you room. What a nice touch! The hotel is located across the street from a market with a variety of cheeses and foods. There is a wonderful restaurant on the next block and several down located near the restaurant. If visiting Quebec City, I will only stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

OK, I just got home from my trip. I should be unpacking, doing laundry, opening mail, etc., but I'm so excited about this hotel that I needed to write about it right away. What an amazing boutique hotel! I couldn't be happier with my experience there. We stayed for three glorious nights...I'm already trying to figure out when we will be able to return. The room was absolutely charming. We had the basic queen deluxe room. LOVED the brick wall! The room was spacious enough to be quite comfortable. If you need more square footage, there are several levels up. BUT, our room had everything we could ever need (couch, chair, hair dryer, ironing board, umbrella, plenty of drawers, make-up mirror, etc.) and we never felt like we were tripping over each other. It was compact and efficient. The decor was lovely and everything was very clean! The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was beautiful (the shower pressure was even good - something that I'm rarely satisfied with in older buildings). The staff was outstanding...very friendly, enthusiastic, and willing to help with suggestions. We also very much enjoyed having the breakfast bag delivered to the room each morning. I was concerned about this because I'm usually "ready to go" in the morning and didn't want to wait around. It was always there and waiting for me...even on the morning that I awoke at 6:00. PLUS, it was delicious!...a different combo of three treats (flaky croissants, yogurt, cheese, muffins, applesauce, etc.) for each of us each day...way more than I needed, but I indulged anyway...knowing that I'd work it off running around the city all day. This was my sixth trip to Quebec City. In my younger days, I stayed once at the youth hostel, then once at the Concord, then three times at the Frontenac. I enjoyed my stays at each place. But, understandably, because of their size, the Concord and Frontenac take in a lot of tour groups (which sometimes can be loud). That's why I decided to look for a more intimate accommodation this time around. I couldn't be happier...good value, a modern yet historic room...and staff who truly seemed to care that we had a pleasant experience. It was my best trip to Quebec yet! Thank you Hotel des Coutellier!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the place. I had asked for a room with a brick wall, an...
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and have only good things to report about this little gem of a hotel. Staff are excellent, going that extra mile to make things perfect for our stay. We arrived early, 2pm and asked if our room was ready. On checking we were told it would be ready in 20 minutes so by the time we had done the paper work and parked the car in the car park opposite, our room was ready. 3rd floor, looking out of the front. Lovely room, very comfortable bed, sofa and easy chair, coffee machine and a kettle was supplied by the very nice girl on reception. Breakfast was quaint, placed on the hook outside the bedroom door between 6 & 7am. Yes there is only 2 coffee pods each day by the machine but there is usually coffee in reception, or sometimes tea. Along with extra breakfast items and fruit. We would definitely use this hotel again, no doubt about that. Wi Fi is good here also.

Room Tip: Room 302 is a Classic room at the front but still quiet.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great location just outside the wall of the old city. Gorgeous spacious room. Great breakfast brought to our room each morning. Couldn't have been better. The people at the front desk were also nice and helpful.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

All positive reviews of this hotel are accurate. A very quaint and charming Hotel, with well appointed rooms, and FABULOUS employees. The customer service could not be better. Incredibly helpful and knowledgeable staff. The location is also perfect. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting Quebec City. I know that for myself personally, Hotel Des Coutellier will be the only Hotel I stay at when I do return. Amazing city, Amazing food, and an absolutely wonderful Hotel to stay at. Thank you!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo