“Great Place for Sightseeing in Quebec”

Quebec City Marriott Downtown
Ranked #23 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Place for Sightseeing in Quebec”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Above average in all respects. Clean and spacious. Very centrally located. Staff was great. They provided a map and printed directions for a walking tour of most of the city's points of interest. The directions were very specific and gave a brief description of the attraction. The staff customized the tour for my interests and the brief amount of time I had available.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mkl004

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Virginia
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We loved this hotel. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful with suggestions for places to eat. The location of the hotel was absolutely perfect. You could walk everywhere and find shopping/places to eat. We stayed in a suite and loved the extra space in the room. The bed was comfortable, the hotel was quiet. We would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank fasiVirginia
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed at this location for my birthday trip to Quebec City in late August. Based on other reviews we decided to stay here and am so glad we did. The location really is great - I thought it might be too far walking to the historic district but it wasn't. It is across from a plaza that was fairly busy on the weekend but didn't interfere with our sleep. I simply can't say enough about how helpful and friendly the staff were. They seem to truly enjoy their jobs and tried to please the guests. When we first arrived our room was on the 3rd floor facing the street and it was noisier than I would have liked. So the next day Kim moved us to a higher floor that worked out much better. The beds were very comfortable and rate pretty high on our comfort level. Hotel was also very clean. We debated on taking the American buffet breakfast special and in the end, glad we decided to do it. Food is very expensive in Quebec City so by having a great breakfast at the hotel, it really helped. Because we stayed over a week, we got to know the servers and cooks who waited on us every morning and after a couple of days, they remembered that I liked hot tea and what omelette my husband liked! All in all, I highly recommend staying at the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to minimize the street noise.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie F
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I stayed here in 2008 with my hubby and had a great time. So for 2011 I decided to share my experience with my best friends. I reserved two rooms and drove from R.I. to Canada. We stayed 7/31/11 to 8/4/11. My friends were happy with the hotel too. It is very clean, the staff was excellent with a friendly smile. The Valet worked out good. We spent most of our time in the Old City walking,but when we needed the car it was at the frontdoor of the Hotel in no time. The breakfasts were good. It was conveinent to the Old City just outside the wall @ St. Jean. I would definetly go back a third time to the Marriott Courtyard. I love Quebec City (old) it is one of my favorite places. I have been enjoying it for 45yrs. since I have married. My husband and I visit every several years.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Holiday057
Sleepy Hollow, New York
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This is by far one of the best hotels in Quebec City and one of the best Marriott hotels we've stayed in. The hotel rooms are very comfortable, service was OUTSTANDING and the location is excellent. We've been to Quebec City numerous times and this hotel is by far the best! We recommend it highly.

1 Thank ExpertTravelers
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is a very nice hotel located very near the Old City. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was good. So, What's our issue?? We are Marriott Platinum members and should get free breakfast/free parking or a room upgrade...received none of that...some by Courtyard's policy and some because we weren't offered it. This is an issue for us and we never stay in a Courtyard, because of it, unless that's our only "Marriott" choice.

1 Thank BonVoyage555
North Potomac, MD
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at Courtyard, right outside of the wall to old town, for 2 nights on September 7-9. I read the reviews of others before I booked it. It was just as what others said that the location is great. We walked everywhere. The old town is one of the most beautiful places on earth especially the broad walk extended from Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. The view is amazing. There are a lot of street musicians playing music. I have to say it's one of the most romantic places I have ever visited. You do feel you are at one of the European cities. We were lucky to have beautiful weather during our stay. The weather, the music and the view certainly made the atmosphere even more romantic. Our hotel is very convenient with easy access to everywhere. The parking is $20 per day that I wish we don't have to pay. But I would stay there again and would recommend Quebec City to anyone.

1 Thank cookiekao