“Great location”

Hotel Marriott Quebec City Center
Ranked #24 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Just inside the wall and within walking distance to everything in Vieux Quebec. The rating is '3' stars, however the hotel has been rated '4' stars - so there is a mistake somewhere.

You can't go wrong with Marriott and this Courtyard is no exception.

1  Thank David L

Reviewed 16 October 2009

We stayed in this smallish hotel in October 2009 and were very impressed. Many 5* hotels don't match this hotel for cleanliness, room size, and the attitude of the staff. There is no concierge desk, but the reception staff know the city well and are very helpful. We only ate breakfast here but it had a reasonable selection and the preparation was outstanding. The location couldn't have been better just 100 meters from the St. Jean Gate so access to the old city was the easy.

1  Thank Scudrunner260
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We spent 4 nights at the Courtyard and really enjoyed our stay. There is not much more I could add that the other reviews (positive) have already commented on. The staff was helpful and treated you and everyone else as VIPs. We stayed in the Executive Suite which was very large for 2 people. It also had a 2 person (tight fit for 2) whirlpool which was great after walking all day. Tip: Go to Lush in Petite Champlain and get some fizzy bath balls. The room was very clean, quiet, bed was comfortable, and linens were in excellent condition. The hotel is easy to find, parking convenient and inexpensive (compared to Boston). You can’t beat the location being right outside the gate and close to the shops and many great restaurants. Plus you aren’t walking uphill or downhill to the hotel at the end of your day of exploring. The hotel restaurant is ok if you can’t get out. But there are plenty of options nearby – just ask the concierge for a suggestion. They recommended Le Hobbit to us and it was an affordable and delicious meal. There is a coffee shop next door for fresh coffee in the morning and close to a few grocery stories and wine shop on St. Jean. There was also a fridge in our room which we took advantage of for breakfast and snacks. If you are looking for a romantic setting, hip ambiance, or a retro bar setting, you’ll probably want to look at another hotel. Though I’d 100% recommend this hotel for value, convenience, and a comfortable stay. We will definitely go back for our next trip!

Reviewed 9 October 2009

I wanted tostay in Quebec City an additional day after my cruise ended and was glad I chose The Courtyard by Marriot Downtown Quebec City.

I disembarked the cruise ship at 9am and took a taxi to the hotel.

When I asked if they would keep my bags until check in time that afternoon the friendly front desk lady said they would not only hold my bags but place them in my room when it was made available.

So with that taken care of I headed out into a sunny morning to see more of the city. The previous day I explored the lower city but now I just set out on foot to see the upper city.

What a great location. Right next to the city wall. There are restaurants and shopping (pedestrian streets) theaters nearby, and so much to see. QC is the ideal walking city.

I walked down to that wonderful , and may I say one of the most effiicient facilities of its kind that I have ever encountered, visitors center and inquired about cycling opportunities. I was presented with directions to two bike rental places and a map. I walked about 10 minutes and found the bike rental store near the river. I was outfitted with a bike, helmet and lock and given a map. The helpful gentleman suggested a scenic bike route that follows the St. Lawrence about a 28km rountrip. The trail was great with lots of places to rest, and, or picnic. A very enjoyable ride.

After a pizza lunch at Mikes I just decided to wander up the hill around the parliament building to see where by random strolling might take me. I was rewarded with the sights of the Grand Alee. with its sidewalk cafes. I had a coffee at a table with great people watching views.

I resumed my exploration of this part of QC and by good fortune happened upon a large art show in a park. Then it was on to The Plains of Abraham. I found a park bench there with a magnificent view of the river.

Sure enough when I returned to the Courtyard around 5pm my bags were in my room as promised.

The warm and welcoming lobby has a large stone fireplace, a resturant., round the clock self serve coffee and tea, and a handy computer room with 2 stations.

My room was oomy and comfortable with a generous sized bath. I didn't hear any other guests ...pretty quiet accomodations.. Everything was neat and clean and the bed was quite comfortable.

I am glad I chose this Courtyard as it met all my expectationsl... and maybe a more and I could not have asked for more efficient and cheerful service from the fine staff that attended me.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This hotel is fabulous & felt more like a 5-star hotel. It will surprise you for a Courtyard! It definitely lives up to it's recent Trip Advisor Award! We had a room overlooking St. Jean's Gate into Old Quebec - right across the street. While our beautiful room was small, it was certainly big enough for us and our 8 bags of luggage. The bed was hard for us, but the hotel can provide a fix. The staff was professional & friendly. The restaurant was VG - although there were many wonderful outdoor cafes within easy walking distance. Valet parking wasn't bad at $20. We never used our car until it was time to leave.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We stayed in Quebec a couple of nights and really enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard. We made the mistake of checking in, then parking the car, dont, drop your cases off first, the car park is a maze to find your way out, espeacially as we didnt read french!
The hotel is located right by the city walls and everything is only a few minutes walk away, the first night we ate out at a nearby pizza place, which was great as we didnt speak french and basically were treated as second class citizens. So the second night we ate in the hotel, the food and service were fabulous, the best meal we had during our two weeks in Canada, i can not recommend the food enough, absolutely delicious. The staff were fantastic, the rooms were large and spotlessly clean, basically this was the best hotel we stayed in during our trip.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank scrapyardnow
Reviewed 5 October 2009

This "Courtyard" has the feel of a major city hotel with the exceptions of having a small lobby and bar....but we don't choose hotels to sit in the lobby--the bar is adequate for a quick drink while you're waiting for your spouse or group to get ready for the evening--It has a great location, great staff anxious to please, and our room was spacious for a big city hotel...Great value for the amenities and location; we didn't try the restaurant Que Sera Sera but food/menu looked good. If you would rather spend the big bucks on great food at fabulous restaurants instead of the bed for your head, this Courtyard can't be beat.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends