Quebec City Marriott Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
  • Pool
Hotel du Capitole(Quebec City)
  • Restaurant
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)
Hotel Acadia(Quebec City)
  • Breakfast included
Delta Hotels Quebec(Quebec City)
1,297 results
All reviewsskating rinkque sera serajean gateplace d'youvillegreat locationold townthe concierge loungesecond cupvalet parkingwithin walking distancest jeanself parkper dayfront desk staffcorner roombrick wallhotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2009

The hotel is just steps away from the city wall. We requested a city view and had a great one from their highest floor. The room was on the small side, but it was clean, cozy and comfortable - enough room for us. The staff was friendly & helpful and made several great suggestions for restaurants. The lobby has character but is small and there isn't much common space, which we would've liked more of since the weather was wet, snowy and cold during our stay. There is a small workout facility and "spa" but we didn't get to use either amenity. Restaurant & bar on location but we can't comment on either. Fresh fruit available in the afternoon. It was perfect for our 4-day visit...many walkable options.

1  Thank our2sense
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Just inside the wall and within walking distance to everything in Vieux Quebec. The rating is '3' stars, however the hotel has been rated '4' stars - so there is a mistake somewhere.

You can't go wrong with Marriott and this Courtyard is no exception.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed 16 October 2009

We stayed in this smallish hotel in October 2009 and were very impressed. Many 5* hotels don't match this hotel for cleanliness, room size, and the attitude of the staff. There is no concierge desk, but the reception staff know the city well and are very helpful. We only ate breakfast here but it had a reasonable selection and the preparation was outstanding. The location couldn't have been better just 100 meters from the St. Jean Gate so access to the old city was the easy.

1  Thank Scudrunner260
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We spent 4 nights at the Courtyard and really enjoyed our stay. There is not much more I could add that the other reviews (positive) have already commented on. The staff was helpful and treated you and everyone else as VIPs. We stayed in the Executive Suite which was very large for 2 people. It also had a 2 person (tight fit for 2) whirlpool which was great after walking all day. Tip: Go to Lush in Petite Champlain and get some fizzy bath balls. The room was very clean, quiet, bed was comfortable, and linens were in excellent condition. The hotel is easy to find, parking convenient and inexpensive (compared to Boston). You can’t beat the location being right outside the gate and close to the shops and many great restaurants. Plus you aren’t walking uphill or downhill to the hotel at the end of your day of exploring. The hotel restaurant is ok if you can’t get out. But there are plenty of options nearby – just ask the concierge for a suggestion. They recommended Le Hobbit to us and it was an affordable and delicious meal. There is a coffee shop next door for fresh coffee in the morning and close to a few grocery stories and wine shop on St. Jean. There was also a fridge in our room which we took advantage of for breakfast and snacks. If you are looking for a romantic setting, hip ambiance, or a retro bar setting, you’ll probably want to look at another hotel. Though I’d 100% recommend this hotel for value, convenience, and a comfortable stay. We will definitely go back for our next trip!

Reviewed 9 October 2009

I wanted tostay in Quebec City an additional day after my cruise ended and was glad I chose The Courtyard by Marriot Downtown Quebec City.

I disembarked the cruise ship at 9am and took a taxi to the hotel.

When I asked if they would keep my bags until check in time that afternoon the friendly front desk lady said they would not only hold my bags but place them in my room when it was made available.

So with that taken care of I headed out into a sunny morning to see more of the city. The previous day I explored the lower city but now I just set out on foot to see the upper city.

What a great location. Right next to the city wall. There are restaurants and shopping (pedestrian streets) theaters nearby, and so much to see. QC is the ideal walking city.

I walked down to that wonderful , and may I say one of the most effiicient facilities of its kind that I have ever encountered, visitors center and inquired about cycling opportunities. I was presented with directions to two bike rental places and a map. I walked about 10 minutes and found the bike rental store near the river. I was outfitted with a bike, helmet and lock and given a map. The helpful gentleman suggested a scenic bike route that follows the St. Lawrence about a 28km rountrip. The trail was great with lots of places to rest, and, or picnic. A very enjoyable ride.

After a pizza lunch at Mikes I just decided to wander up the hill around the parliament building to see where by random strolling might take me. I was rewarded with the sights of the Grand Alee. with its sidewalk cafes. I had a coffee at a table with great people watching views.

I resumed my exploration of this part of QC and by good fortune happened upon a large art show in a park. Then it was on to The Plains of Abraham. I found a park bench there with a magnificent view of the river.

Sure enough when I returned to the Courtyard around 5pm my bags were in my room as promised.

The warm and welcoming lobby has a large stone fireplace, a resturant., round the clock self serve coffee and tea, and a handy computer room with 2 stations.

My room was oomy and comfortable with a generous sized bath. I didn't hear any other guests ...pretty quiet accomodations.. Everything was neat and clean and the bed was quite comfortable.

I am glad I chose this Courtyard as it met all my expectationsl... and maybe a more and I could not have asked for more efficient and cheerful service from the fine staff that attended me.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo