This hotel is located on the Place d'Youville just outside St. John's Gate which leads directly into the Upper Town. This is an excellent location - you can walk everywhere. Valet parking at this hotel in the nearby city operated garage runs very smoothly. Staff is very polite and friendly, and fully bi-lingual. Probably because this hotel is JUST slightly off the main tourist circuit (and I mean VERY slightly off it) the price is a bit less than you would pay elsewhere. Also, being a large chain hotel, there is 24 hour staff, easy reservations, check in and check out. This hotel was also able to accommodate all five of us in one room with the use of a roll away cot.
The only real minuses are that the in-house restaurant, while convenient, is quite expensive. The same, or less money, will buy you better food elsewhere. It is certainly not a bad restaurant at all, it's just that in Quebec City food tends to generally be so good that this restaurant does not stand out much except for being a bit pricey. Another small minus is that the hotel is not as atmospheric or romantic as others in the area, but it none the less gives an atmosphere of classy efficiency and reliability. And it does not disappoint in those respects.
Many other hotels in Quebec City are more atmospheric or romantic. But they have issues with parking, access to a staff member for example if you want to check out early in the morning, having large enough rooms to accommodate families, and are more expensive. This hotel, on the other hand, scores 100% problem free in these and other areas too. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing easy access to Jean-Lesage International Airport, Québec City Marriott Downtown offers business travelers and vacationers an elegant, sophisticated spot from which to explore Old Quebec. Conveniently located near Québec City Convention Centre and the historic Citadelle of Québec, our upscale hotel offers spacious rooms and thoughtful amenities in abundance. Get a good night's sleep inspired by our luxury bedding, then begin your day by taking care of your work obligations using our ergonomic workstations and high-speed Wi-Fi, or by visiting our full-service business center. Have breakfast in bed thanks to our room service, or head down to the lobby to have delicious French cuisine at our on-site restaurant, Que Sera Sera. If you're hosting a meeting or celebration soon, reserve one of our six event spaces with AV equipment, an on-site culinary team and expert event planners. Begin making marvelous memories when you book your stay at Québec City Marriott Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Marriott Quebec City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Quebec City Downtown Hotel Quebec City
- Marriott Quebec City
- Quebec City Courtyard
- Quebec City Marriott
- Hotel Marriott Quebec City Center