I was joined by two friends for a weekend sightseeing trip to Quebec City. I had visited the city about 10 years ago and stayed at the Hilton then. I was very tempted to go back, but the price was considerably more than the Courtyard. We booked the hotel not knowing the exact location, but with the understanding that it was very close to the old part of the city that is very pedestrian friendly.
We were not disappointed when we arrived. Place D'Youville (where the hotel is located) is immediately adjacent the wall entering into the old part of the city. You can walk to all the traditional Quebec City destinations from the front door of this place.
Check in was easy and the concierge was friendly. There were three of us and they put us in a corner room that had two double beds, a pullout sofa and plenty of space. The room was spotless. We found it very interesting that although we were on the ground floor, we could not hear any traffic on the street just outside. They obviously did a good job soundproofing the building from urban noise. We did not eat in the restaurant on site - there were simply too many good choices outside the hotel.
My only caution is to make sure you figure parking and taxes into your travel budget. This holds true for any hotel in the old part of the city. Parking was $20 a night and the taxes totaled close to 15 percent of the bill - a lot at the $200 a night rate we paid for the room. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for us in the future, but it did come as a suprise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Providing easy access to Jean-Lesage International Airport, Québec City Marriott Downtown offers business travelers and vacationers an elegant, sophisticated spot from which to explore Old Quebec. Conveniently located near Québec City Convention Centre and the historic Citadelle of Québec, our upscale hotel offers spacious rooms and thoughtful amenities in abundance. Get a good night's sleep inspired by our luxury bedding, then begin your day by taking care of your work obligations using our ergonomic workstations and high-speed Wi-Fi, or by visiting our full-service business center. Have breakfast in bed thanks to our room service, or head down to the lobby to have delicious French cuisine at our on-site restaurant, Que Sera Sera. If you're hosting a meeting or celebration soon, reserve one of our six event spaces with AV equipment, an on-site culinary team and expert event planners. Begin making marvelous memories when you book your stay at Québec City Marriott Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quebec City Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Quebec City Downtown Hotel Quebec City
- Marriott Quebec City
- Quebec City Courtyard
- Quebec City Marriott Downtown