PRO - Convenient location, nice looking rooms, reasonble staff, excellent price, a Jaro hotel
CON - some rooms are close to a street that is noisy until late and also early in the morning and traffic noise is high in the area. Hotel lobby and my room had a mild disagreeable odour at first
1. Convenient location - Quebec city #11 bus on boulevard Laurier right outsde the door goes directly to the old City and along Grand Allée very handy. Place Laurier - a huge shopping Mall is right nearby.
2. Rooms are attractive for such a reasonble price - mine was just like the website photo.
3. Staff appeared competent - I was travelling alone so did not have much to ask them. My electronic door key (credit card style) suddenly stopped functioning and the concierge appeared reluctant to fix it in the evening. My room was very far from the lobby so I insisted - so he called a service tech from one of the other Jaro hotels. He came quickly and replaced a battery in the door that fixed everything so I was quite happy.
4. Price for a single room was similar to motel prices - very low.
5. A friend of mine had recommended one of the Jaro Hotels (see www.hotelsjaro.com) - he had stayed at the Lindbergh and the Hotel Plaza and had really liked them. This is one of theirs.
1. This may be the least expensive of the Jaro hotels and the one with the most street noise outside. Boulevard Laurier is a 6 lane street and my room had was just too close to rue Lavigère - which is 3 lanes near an intersection. Result - I slept with windows closed and turned on the noisy bathroom fan as white noise. Next day I purchased earplugs and slept very well lafter that. The noise would have been alright I like to sleep in and it is worst 6-8 am or so.
2. Earlier reviews had mentioned cleanliness but I had a different experience. The Hotel lobby for example looked very clean but had a somewhat disagreeable odour the first day as did my room which also appeared very clean. It was strange as there are clear no-smoking signs in the lobby and engraved on the door of my room. I cold only think this used to be a hotel frequented by many smokers. But again this did seem to improve (or I got used to it?) the second day I wondered if my room had been vacuumed again as it seemed much fresher. My third day they did a sort of fall cleaning - steam cleaned the carpets in the all hallways and also my room so it was even better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the city entrance through the bridges, within close proximity to the shopping centres - Laurier Québec, Place de la Cité and Place Ste-Foy - and only 10 minutes away by car from downtown Quebec City, Auberge Québec welcomes guests in a rustic setting inspired by the Swiss and French Alps inns. This Bed & Breakfast-style hotel offers privacy, free continental breakfast and parking as well as a car rental service. Auberge Québec features 106 rooms including two-floor mezzanine rooms and rooms equipped with kitchenettes. During summertime, you'll appreciate the outdoor swimming pool and terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Odigeo, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Auberge Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Sir Wilfrid Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Quebec Quebec City