“Nice food, service not great”

Trattoria di Mikes Quebec
Ranked #369 of 1,467 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Italian
Australia
“Nice food, service not great”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The options on the menu and the affordable prices attracted us to this restaurant. The food was lovely! But the service was very slow. Took over 15 to be asked for drinks. We had the Pasta with mushrooms and prosciutto and a garden salad to share. Very tasty. We'd recommend this place for a nice home style pasta.

• Visited August 2014

Toronto
“Good food, decent price, great desserts”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went to Mikes on our recent trip to Quebec City. I had the veggie gondola sandwich and hubby had the southwest pizza burger. We wanted to take a picture of it, but ate too fast! The dessert was surprisingly good for this type of place... We order the dulche de leche cheesecake and it was amazing! Everything tasted great and the prices were decent.

• Visited July 2014
“service not good food mediocre”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I thought I would wait til 11 am for the special unfortunately it is only offered Mon-Friday.
Few people in there at 11 but staff seemed confused. Guess they were not quite ready for the switch to lunh from breakfast. Had some mediocre penne and broccoli. Will not be going back

• Visited June 2014
Ventura, California
“Excellent Food & Service!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to eat since there were several restaurants in old Quebec. This is the place! We had a difficult time ordering since everything looked so good. The chef definitely delivers and know how to cook! The quality of service was also excellent. The side dishes, drinks, salad, pizza, lasagna...the food just melted in my mouth. I cannot say more other than I sure wish I knew of a restaurant like this close to where we live. Highly recommend this restaurant--nothing but high scores and excellent ratings! The food here is addictive!

• Visited May 2014
Hamilton, Canada
“What happened to Mike's restaurants?”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Having grown up with Mike's subs and pizzas - I have to wonder what has happened to the quality and value?

True- I have been away from this restaurant for years- as they are limited to Quebec. The other day, I was looking forward to having one of their signature subs, the co-vedette. Mike's subs were always different than those you get at subway, (as they fry up their meat and it tends to be greasier- but flavourful).

Well- frankly I don't know how they can remain in business when they charge about $13 for a 7 inch sub? In any event, I had the take-out version and the sub came in its box, with the two tomatoes and lettuce on top. However, the sandwich was tasteless. What ever happened to the flavour? I recall you could taste the pepperoni intermingled with the green pepper or steak and the taste was generally enhanced by their mix of spices, (some oil- a bit messy) and other ingredients.

It might be that it took 90 seconds for my sub to arrive after being ordered. I recall that they used to fry the meat up fresh for every order - alas- it appears that this is not the case.

...And at the very high prices they charge for a sub, which is clearly underwhelming, (ok- they add fries or a salad now)- it is sad to see another long-standing chain lose its lustre. The ambiance is nice- but the value is no longer there.

My disappointment may be linked to this one franchise so I may give it another chance once I return back to Quebec.

• Visited September 2013