“Best homemade Italian, great price, nice ambience”
Review of Lasagne et Cucina - CLOSED

Lasagne et Cucina
Cuisines: Italian
Vancouver
“Best homemade Italian, great price, nice ambience”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is truly one of the best Italian food I've had. I was here with my husband and my in-laws, 4 of us. The restaurant is located in the old part of town on rue St Jean. We were staying at the Hiltons and despite it being some crazy -25 weather (we're from Vancouver) it was a short walk. The chef/owner/server was very friendly and everything on the menu is handmade - pasta, soup, lasagna even the bread. We ordered 5 appies, 2 lasagna, 2 pasta, half a bottle of wine and the bill came under $100!!! You'd almost never find this price in the old town. Most importantly, the taste was superb!!! The homemade pasta was so soft and tasty and the sauce....amazing! Even though it seemed like a one man show, we didn't wait long for the food to arrive. And the music is lovely. We truly enjoyed this place and will surely come back. We would recommend this to anyone visiting Quebec city. It must be the city's best kept secret.

• Visited December 2013

Dubai
“Delicious Breakfast!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I had breakfast here along with our 3 year old on Oct 23. It was one of the best breakfasts we ever had! We both ordered Omelettes. Mine was stuffed with mushrooms and mozzarella and my hubby had one stuffed with spinach and goat cheese. It was accompanied with home made berry jam which was just out of this world! The potatoes were superb too!
The chef is very talented and the presentation was amazing. My son's mini crepes were also done up nicely. Coffee was nice too.

Wish we had time to try out their lunch too but we were heading out of town. Will definitely visit again!

Gardnerville, Nevada, United States
“Best Value in Quebec City”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were in Quebec City just last week and found this little Italian restaurant. Loved the homey feel and the food was made fresh and served hot out of the oven. Portions are very generous and reasonably priced. Service was great. We had a small lasagna and a small pizza and left very full. The home-made bread was delicious as well. We highly recommend it. Unfortunately we could not make it back for breakfast but I'm sure that is very good as well.

Quebec City, Canada
“Finally a real and simple Italian restaurant in Québec !”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

From the outside, the restaurant looks like every snack restaurant in the neighborhood, but if you dare to enter, you will find a friendly staff that serves a simple yet delicious Italian meal.
I tried the lasagna, which was certainly one of the best I've eaten in an Italian restaurant. Everything is homemade, tasty, hearthy, and for a very reasonable price.
Try it before it gets too crowded because of its success!

CLIFTON PARK
“Accidental Find”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Recently spent a week-end in Quebec City ---first time in about 35 years. Found this little place by accident. It's not on the main drag but a bit off. Small, quaint, looks like a one man operation. Service was timely, personal , friendly; Entrees simply presented and very tasty. Nothing pretentious ; reasonably priced.
Opened just a few months and could use the support.
ARA