“Great location in Old Quebec”
Review of Hotel Sainte-Anne

Hotel Sainte-Anne
Ranked #40 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Aussie travelling the world
“Great location in Old Quebec”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at St-Ann's, after returning to QC. The hotel is in a fantastic location in Old Quebec, the staff are very friendly and helpful and breakfast is included! The rooms are spacious and modern and the price is reasonable. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank anaussiegoesworldly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Brookfield, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Quebec city is lovely at Christmas time and this hotel's selling point was the location in the heart of Old Quebec. The room was small but very cute. We had problems with the tv but our darling hostess worked really hard to fix the situation and eventually we got a new tv. Parking is an issue as you have to park in a garage a block or so away. Fortunately they have a storage area that is locked so we were able to store our skiis there. Breakfast is adequate and I would like to have seen more variety in their continental breakfast.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie M
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Very cordial and kind hotel staff who were very willing to speak English or help me with my French. The location cannot be beat. It is directly across a small plaza from the Frontenac and steps away from the funicular. Since I went off season, the room was very well-priced. Sure, the place could use a bit of updating and it was a bit dimly lit, but it was what I expected for a small hotel. The water in the shower is very hot and the croissants for breakfast were delicious. The only downside is no fault of the hotel, but since I was there not during tourist season, many of the restaurants in the area were either closed or closed early. I enjoyed seeing QC more from the viewpoint of the people who live there year-round rather than tourists lounging around terraces.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have a very nice view of Trinity Church and the Chateau Frontenac.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kurt M
Queen Charlotte, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel is right in the old part of Quebec; if you arrive by taxi, some drivers might chance to drive the half block on the cobblestone, but be prepared to disembark early and pull your suitcase for just a short distance. The size of the rooms is adequate, and after moving the big chair around, we made enough space for a yoga mat. The Inn doesn't have any exercise facilities, but walking up and around the stairs or joining the brave runners on the icy roads, might just be the alternative. We were staying at the Inn November 30th to December 5th, a good deal price- wise. Sunday night was the more expensive night, but the other nights were at a starting rate of $109 not including the taxes. For five days,I was willing to live out of my suitcase for the better part of it. There is some closet space, but don't expect large drawers. I liked the firm bed, and the brick wall, rough and rustic, was a nice accent. I was pleased that the hotel was quiet and only at the time when other guests left their rooms would we hear them in the hallway.
I hadn't expected a breakfast so was happy to find yoghurt and two types of croissants, juices and coffee included with the stay.The restaurant- mentioned in other reviews- no longer is in operation. Staff are working very hard to make your stay pleasant and help you in any way they can, and if they can't answer your questions, the tourist information is just a few houses down the street.
The television was relatively small, but adequate. I am not too crazy about the locked windows, we could open the inner window to let in some cold air. I had a quick glance at the escape plans, just to know my bearings. Our room looked out on the street and the church across. We were able to store our baggage on our last day and pick it up when we needed it. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Astrid E
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Hotel Sainte-Anne in Old Quebec City is a lovely, charming and comfortable hotel to stay in if you are looking for something more authentic. The upgraded "superior queen" room features a brick wall, truly making the room feel more historic.

It is clean and the service was wonderful. The beds are not plush and luscious, but comfy and perfectly alright for a couple nights. We stayed in November 2013 when they are in a quieter season. Lots of fun pubs and places to explore all around.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheri C
fredericton
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Overall it was a good stay. Room was clean except for a smell that was coming from the sink drain. Tv in our room was very small but nice beds, a little firm but I don't mind a firm bed. Nice bathroom with large shower and didn't hear much noise from hallway or other rooms. Was disappointed in the so called Deluxe Continental Breakfast. All they had was coffee, oranges, croissants and fruit loops for cereal. My family owns an Inn in New Brunswick and we advertise a continental breakfast not a Deluxe one. We Offer 7 kinds of bagels, 6 kinds of toast, 4 kinds of muffins, 6 kinds of cereal, 5 kinds of oatmeal, fruit cocktail, coffee, 4 kinds of tea. at a price of half of what we paid at this Inn. Overall not a bad stay though.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nathan r
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

On a friend's recommendation,so we booked Ste Anne's through Bookings.com. At $169.00 for the night it ,was an ecxcellent value. The Hotel is in the very vibrant centre of Old Quebec. You are a stone's throw from the Fairmont's Le Chateau . Real estate is expensive in this area and this Hotel is tiny but decorated and designed with a very modern decor. The rooms are unbelievably small yet they provide all the necessities. They've really utilized all possible living space. The windows don't open but I find that this is a trend which I'm not bothered by. I imagine that in the high rise complexes this is a safety issue. Our window looked out onto a small internal courtyard.I read on someone elses review that there were no elevators which is untrue. The reception staff was friendly and helpful and the "map" was handed to us.
Parking is a bust. You have to go to the lot and pay for overnight around the corner. So, you'd better not bring a big suitcase. And certainly not one without wheels. The Hotel is on a limited access road which allows one to stroll somewhat worry free. There are street markets and little street art vendors around the corner. It's a nice walk on the waterside area of the Chateau and on over to the Plains of Abraham along the trails. You don't need a car in the old City. It's almost a nuisance because the old City is very European ,with streets being very narrow and full of tourists walking aimlessly along.
The breakfast is included. Bonus! We ate here the evening we arrived and the service and food were without anything to recommend them. Treat yourself to a wonderful meal at the Fairmont with the money you've saved on Ste Anne's room. I would stay again but not eat here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple