“great dining before a show”
Review of Le 47e Parallele

Le 47e Parallele
Ranked #329 of 1,511 Restaurants in Quebec City
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In the heart of down town Quebec City, facing the ''Grand Theatre'' and next to the Convention center, Le 47e Parallele is a spacious and urban environment where all the different flavours of the world collide. Inspired by around the globe traveling and great culinary discoveries, we invite you and your guest to come with us and explore the planet throughout our elaborate menu. Chef-owner, Joseph Sarrazin put together inspiration, new ideas and hard labour into a creative and innovative menu. Our experienced and devoted waiting staff is led by Sommelier and maitre d'hotel, Benoit Duclos. Our only motivation is to make sure you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Before going to the "Grand Theatre" this refined restaurant serves excellent food with a "before the show diner menu". Service is efficient as they make sure you are going to a show. The food is excellent, beautifully presented and extremely tasty. It is a must if you want to go to a concert or show while making sure you have a beautiful diner.... The price is very reasonable for this type of fine cuisine cuisine before en entertaining evening.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

If you go there outside of peek hours, the chef will take time to make a real nice GF full course meal. Expensive but so good and worth it !

1  Thank marc_sourire
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Had dinner on a tuesday night. This must be the most pretentious place in town! Do NOT question the waiter's recommendations for wine or you will end up looking like a fool! Very expensive for what you get.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

This came highly recommended so we decided to go eat lunch there. We were a small group of about 10 people.

The service was good. Not slow, not fast, but at least steady despite it being very busy.

My problem with this restaurant was the price and what ended up in my plate. I had ordered a small salad, that was served to me in a glass. Ok its original but there was hardly any salad in it so hard to call that an appetizer before the main dish finally arrived. Had the chicken skew with rice. Barely 4 small pieces of chicken that tasted nothing at all, and a small, very small portion of rice (I'd be surprised if there was even half a cup of rice in my plate). That's it.

We all finally decided to not take any desserts.

My boss picked up the tab but once we left we were all still VERY hungry. I ended up ordering take out to eat while I worked back in the office and a few others grabbed some snacks at local places to get through their day.

Never again will I eat there.
They are many restaurants well worth the detour, this is to avoid!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is always my favorite. The "tour du monde" menu is always a perfect adventure of pure pleasure.