“The best for last!!! Magnificent!”

and 1 more site!
Couette & Cafe L'Arvidienne
Ranked #31 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Florida
“The best for last!!! Magnificent!”
Reviewed 31 August 2008

On our trip through Canada with friends I wanted to book B&B's. So I searched for months to find the best ones possible. I saw this one on a web site that rented it for you, but it didn't have the name. I wanted to talk directly with the owners of all the ones I booked so I searched through the yellow pages with the address that I found on that website. It took me 2 days but I finally lucked out and this was it! I pulled up their own website and I loved what I read. I called and talked with Mireille myself and had a delightful conversation . I felt like this one could be the best one of all that I had booked for the whole 12 day trip.

We had a little trouble finding the place as our GPS system wasn't loaded with the correct address. It seems that 3 years ago they changed the street names and the GPS systems and AAA have not yet updated their systems, go figure!! Anyway we called and they directed us there with no problem we were only 5 min. away.

We were pleasantly surprised as it was just as nice as I had hoped it to be. They have 4 rooms that they rent out all year. They were all booked during our stay. Mireille and Serge are both the perfect hosts. It shows throughout their home how meticulous and distinctive everything is.

They have a classy well appointed living room you can relax in or upstairs where the bedrooms are, is a little room with books and magazines and a porch off that room also to sit and relax outside.

The bedrooms all have an en-suite bath, the beds are cozy and have fine linens that will put you to sleep as soon as your head hits the pillow!! Very comfortable!

The decor is inspired by artists and each room reflects that. They spared no expense to make sure you will walk back in time and feel like you never want to leave!

The breakfast is so scrumptious and lavish you can't wait until the next morning to see what Mireille has thought of to delight you with today! She cooks and he will take your order and serve it to you. They are a great team!

You can take the bus right in front of the B&B to downtown and back again. Or you can also walk several blocks down and they have all sorts of restaurants along that avenue. We never took the car out the whole time we were there.

Quebec City is a beautiful place to visit and we all hope to go back soon. And we know where we will stay witout a doubt!

This B&B was flawless enabling us to pass our days in perfect tranquillity and delight!

Thank you so much Mireille and Serge for a wonderful, delightful and charming end to a wonderful trip through Canada, we truly saved the Best for Last!!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank FloridaJunebug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Townshend, Vermont
Reviewed 8 May 2008

We spent 3 nights here last week in the Monet Suite. The bed was queen size with lots of pillows and a comfortable mattress. We had a small sitting room with two chairs, a TV/VCR combination, a desk and a vanity with mirror. The bathroom was also small but perfectly adequate with a soaking tub and good shower. Everything was very clean. The house is in a nice residential area about a 30 minute walk to and from the old city along a busy street. There is a large park across the road and the area felt safe. You can also take the bus into old Quebec but we never did. I believe it costs $2.50.
The owners were wonderful; very welcoming and of course very knowledgeable about the area. The breakfasts were delicious and always more than I could eat. For starters there was yogurt and fresh fruit as well as fruit juice and coffee /tea, etc. There were fresh baked breads as well as toast, jams, and various cheeses . All this was followed by a hot entree which changed every AM. (There were also several types of cereal if you prefer that). The service was great and we enjoyed chatting with the other guests.
Parking is behind the house and be sure to lock your vehicle. We forgot to do this the last night we were there and came out in the morning to find many things were missing from ours!

• Liked — The owners and the wonderful breakfasts
  • Disliked — further from Old quebec than I expected.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank travelpatty
Teesside, England
Reviewed 2 September 2007

Stayed at L' Arvidienne for two nights in June 2007 and it was absolutely superb. The rooms are excellent, the breakfast is second to none and plenty of it.
The hostess is extremely friendly.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank TeessideTraveler
New York, NY
Reviewed 11 October 2004

About a 10 minute bus ride from the old city, L'Arvidienne is a beautiful oasis. Mireille is a bubbly, warm hostess, the rooms are beautiful, the breakfast is great and the atmosphere is relaxed. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2004
7 Thank JQKhitstheroad
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2004

We spent 2 wonderful nights in the "DEGAS" room.

The place is spotless, well located AWAY from the hustle and tourist bustle. The room was spotless and the breakfasts were gourmet.

Serge and Mireille had excellent info on what to see, where to go and what to eat. They are true champions of Quebec City and a great love for what they are doing. There home/B&B is a love affair of care and good taste.

We would and will go back and stay there again!

Jack/Robin