“Didn't want to leave!”

Ranked #7 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Mississauga, Canada
“Didn't want to leave!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had a fantastic time here! We visited from June 8-9th, and we had the time of our life! We stayed in room #3, and it was perfect. We had large bright windows overlooking Chateau Frontenac. The room had exposed stone and a beautiful fireplace which was wonderful character, yet the room had all the modern amenities you could ask for (smart tv, jacuzzi tub, etc). It was in the perfect location for touring by foot, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to Quebec City.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelnPictures

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have visited Quebec City before but thoroughly enjoyed this June visit. Our hotel location, right across from the beautiful Chateau Frontenac was so convenient and made our days of exploring so easy. The entire staff of the Auberge was focused on meeting our needs. We were greeted outside the hotel by a very friendly young man who took our luggage to our room. The front desk staff made check in easy and offered many useful suggestions during the entire visit. Our room was beautifully decorated with exposed brick walls reminding us of the history of the building yet included the modern anemities that made us comfortable. Our days began with a full breakfast from a menu of ten choices at the hotel restaurant, great food and
generous portions served again, by very friendly staff! We will certainly visit Quebec City again and will definitely book a room at Auberge Place d'armes!

1 Thank evet999
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

What can I say our stay at this warm and charming hotel was fabuleux. The staff was so very helpful and made our first visit to Quebec truly special. ( one thing we were a little worried about was our lack of speaking French. This was no problem at all at the hotel or else where in the city.)
On a side note the staff went above the call of duty and helped me find an earring I lost. Thank you to them once again.
We were in room number 1. It was decorated beautifully and was large. It was on the front of the building and I enjoyed watching the people pass by on the street. At night I didn't hear any noise from any one outside.
I can't wait for a return visit.

Stayed June 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent accommodations and staff. Very helpful with tourists. Logistics are challenging. They only have valet parking; $23.00/day US. Hotel is located on a pedestrian only street. You need to park approx. 75 ft from hotel and someone will take your bags and park your car for you. Note there is no elevator. Breakfast from full menu is include.

Room Tip: Ask for a 1 st floor (our 2nd floor) room if you have trouble with stairs.
2 Thank BudP09
Georgia
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

First, it's in a prime location in the old city centre within .2 miles of at least 20 of the best rated restaurants. It's in the heart of the tourist district, if you like being in a swarm of a zillion tourists. To be fair, the old city would to difficult to visit and escape by cab (car impossible). Secondly, the staff is unbelievably friendly and helpful in every respect. The attic room is small, as should be expected, and quaint is nice, but comfort is nice, too. My wife and I both bumped our heads rather hard before finally getting used to the layout. The first morning we had no hot water at 0800, and that's a gimme when you're paying over $200 a night. Hard to put my finger on it, but I was glad it was just 2 nights.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank finder45
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Admittedly I left a pair of jeans and a couple of t-shirts behind BUT it took 3 calls from me and 4 hours before they claimed they had called me back (no record on my cell of a return call!!!) to tell me they did not find my black jeans but did find the 2 t shirts. Although our stay had been really good up to then (restaurant staff and other staff had been great), the wait from the front desk this afternoon was awful! I will never return to this hotel because of this. My black jeans DID NOT disappear and I certainly don't have them with me. It would seem that for $300. Per night we would have received a better response from the front desk this evening. It's a shame because our experiences in Quebec City had been awesome up to this time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mgaustin53
MichelleDore, Owner at Auberge Place D'Armes, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Bonjour Mrs Austin,

We are extremely sorry of what happened to you upon your departure from the Auberge Place d’Armes. You were entitled to the best service during and after your stay, we are sorry that you did not get it. We apologize sincerely and wish it did not happen... and that the employee would have phoned you back sooner .....sometimes things go wrong !........ It definitely appears that we found your jeans and tee-shirt. They were put in a small bag and stored in the auto-locked linen closet, where we also store the heavy bags of dirty linen and towels. In moving these bags, your jeans were knocked to the floor, picked up and put in a dirty linen bag. The whole thing left for the industrial cleaner where your jeans were likely set aside (wrong color) and from there disappeared in the turmoil of this industrial operation. We apologize for your loss and the stress it brought you. We recognize our responsibility. We are a small family operation and we seek to offer the best, but sometimes something goes wrong and on that day, a cascade of unrelated incidents caused your jeans to disappear, without any wrongdoing on anybody’s part. I tried many times to reach you by phone and email, but I failed and prior to me also my GM Mrs Evelyne Cloutier.
Since unfortunately, there was no way for us to recuperate your jeans. We then decided to credit you X nights at the Auberge on your credit card (that is on our files). An amount should appear on your credit card invoice. We sincerely hope that it will alleviate the stress and the unsatisfaction we unwillingly caused you. , I am wondering, since we did not receive an acknowledgement of my mail and hers if it has reached you. Did the reimbursement for the jeans, the tee-shirt and a compensation for the trouble appeared on your credit card account? We are a small family business and again the satisfaction of our guests is our main goal and I would really appreciate hearing from you, by mail, phone or by a message here on Trip advisor.
I hope that you enjoyed our beautiful city ! Have a nice day!

Michelle Doré
Toll free number : 1800-567-2106
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is BEAUTIFUL, quaint, and is located in the absolute best location. The staff is attentive and friendly, the breakfast is good (and included!). I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. We checked out the day before we left, as our flight was at 6am, and he front desk OFFERED to pack up a breakfast of fruit, yogurt, and muslix for us the next morning! When we came down to catch our taxi, there it was, waiting for us on the front desk. It's the little things that make the biggest difference.

2 Thank missdanag