“Great location, services and staff”
Review of Hotel 71

Hotel 71
Ranked #10 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Montreal, Canada
“Great location, services and staff”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Hotel 71 is a nice property in the Quartier Champlain. One of the tallest buildings in the neighbourhood, the hotel is ideally located near the Musée des civilisations.
Great service is provided by all members of the staff from the valets, receptionists, and house attendants. Everyone seems to be there to provide you with a unique and individual service.
Rooms are spacious with a lot of commodities (Nespresso machines, comfy bathrobes) and natural and organic amenities (Pharmacipia products) which is a real nice touch for the guests.
Their Matto Italian restaurant serves great food and ambiance in the evening: you’d have to try it at least once while staying in Quebec.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Nancy L, Room Division Manager at Hotel 71, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Bonjour Yann,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that all members of the team delivered an excellent service to our guests! On the other hand, I will make sure the Restaurant Manager knows about your comments on the menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

nlavigne@hotel71.ca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Beautifully decorated yet not "flashy", I stayed one night in this very well situated establishment. I took a "basic" room and I was offered one on the seventh floor, with a view on the Saint-Lawrence.
The only aspect that I might mention as missing is a "bistro" range on the restaurant's menu. Although attractive, the menu price was over my range and I would have taken a less sophisticated meal if available.

Room Tip: ask for view on river
Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bonjour Jean-Luc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at Hotel 71. We are so glad to hear you had a great stay with us. We truly hope we will have the privilege to welcome you back in a near future.

Montreal
Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you're looking for a fabulous place to stay in the Old port of Quebec City, because you have already experienced a week-end couple's escapade there, this is THE place to go. It is in the heart of the art galleries/antiques sellers/ old architecture of Quebec. And for things that really make a difference, we would say the nicest and welcoming touches in the lobby, like art books, Nespresso coffee maker, bottles of water or even cozy lounges ready for you. In the rooms, we were charmed by the old hardwood-floor, bathroom with a very nice/efficacy rain-type modern shower, and again the Nespresso coffee maker for the morning. Breakfast, with a gourmet choice (we tried the Amerindien, which consists of poached eggs on english muffin with smoked salmon) was excellent and included. And since we were fortunate enough to have a nice snow fall, the valet who brought our car back took care of making it warm and clean of snow, just in front of the hotel as we were leaving. WOW!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Nancy L, Room Division Manager at Hotel 71, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Bonjour from Québec City,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you had an unforgettable experience at Hotel 71! We hope to have the privilege to welcome you back - do not hesitate to contact us directly for your future reservation.

miami, fla
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We just returned home after spending 9 glorious days in Quebec City. I selected Hotel 71 after it was featured on a site I frequent when researching my vacations and always follow it up with a glance on Tripadvisor just to be certain. I can’t say enough “great” things about the hotel.
Firstly, let me say that I always try and stay at 5 star hotels as I’m super particular about cleanliness and attention to details and this would be my first time at a boutique hotel…I was super nervous.
This was better than most 5 stars I’ve stayed at. The spaciousness of my room (Superior plus) was unsurpassed. The ceilings are extremely high with very large windows overlooking the St. Lawrence River…very romantic. The bed was amazing with high quality thread count sheets and a wonderful down comforter. The bathroom has the best shower EVER and a deep soaking tub for two…I looked forward to the end of our day to lounge in my bathtub or shower. Did I mention the cleanliness of our room? Everything was immaculate…daily!!!
The restaurant at the Hotel was excellent…we ended up there multiple times. The food was a foodies dream come true…everything was excellent and the service WOW!!
The employees at the hotel, at every level were outstanding…Maxine and Max were extremely patient with us as there were 9 in our group. They were very helpful in suggesting activities and actually booking these. I now find myself researching my next vacation and don’t know if I can top this one. Please stay here without a doubt, you will not be sorry!!!
By the way, the location is perfect I would not stay in the upper portion of the city. Everything is within walking distance and quiet and safe.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Nancy L, Room Division Manager at Hotel 71, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Bonjour iarche,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Hotel 71 - Francine & Max will be thrilled to read your kind words on their regards!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon - maybe when the weather gets a bit warmer?!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We had a small but charming room (#423) on the 4th floor with a partial view of the hotel Frontenac which is magical at night when lit up.
The Décor in our room was clean with smooth lines and most importantly everything had functionality like the dual door into the bathroom and toilet area. The shower head was the BEST. Powerful and sauna like.
Breakfast was included but it was ordinary. Coffee very weak and the presentation lacking. I know they can do better!
I will say that the staff is exemplary! Consummate professionals ready to help in any way. It was a wonderful stay and we would come back again.

Room Tip: Room to the front face the River. Views are good from the 5th floor up
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour from Québec City,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel 71. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Guest service is very important to us and it is always a pleasure to hear all members of the team were able to go beyond guests' expectations! I took note of your comments on our continental breakfast - I will make sure to follow up with the restaurant manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Fantastic location in lower town. Smack, dab in the center. Chose Hotel 71 after not being able to get into first choice, and can I say that I am happy it worked out that way. Better price, really nice accomodation, but the staff? Above and beyond! After reading reveiws here on Tripadvisor I reached out to the GM Nancy (now sorry I did not meet her in person) who was beyond helpful and then also had her concierge Maxime reach out to me. Being we were in Quebec City during New Year's, Maxime was wonderful making recomendations for dining and sightseeing and when I had trouble getting direct email responses from restaurants he made sure to secure all of our dining reservations. Beyond accomodating! Loved visting Quebec City during the holidays. We would definitely stay here at Hotel 71 again, and look forward to visiting in the warm weather.

Room Tip: stay on top floor if bothered by pattering feet above you. rooms are lofty and have wood floors, is...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Nancy L, Room Division Manager at Hotel 71, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Bonjour from Québec City,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel 71. The team and I are delighted to hear that we succeeded in making your stay in Québec City memorable! I would be pleased to take care of your future reservation at Hotel 71 - make sure you save my contact information in your contact list.

Looking forward to welcoming you back among us.

Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This great little boutique hotel has lots to offer. The location is perfect (as long as you have no trouble walking, and doing stairs/hills). It's at the bottom of the City, near the water, which is convenient to the Christmas Market (during December), Civilization Museum and one of the Notre Dame churches and a quaint side street of shops that you could miss if you stay up at the Chateau or at the top... An added bonus: if you rent a movie, they bring popcorn to the room - and there's a very good Italian restaurant.

Room Tip: We didn't get a massage so can't rate that. The room was like a small NY apartment. Wood fl...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Nancy L, Room Division Manager at Hotel 71, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Bonjour Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to comment your recent stay at Hotel 71. It is such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed all of our facilities! We hope you were able to enjoy the snowy Christmassy area to the fullest and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.