“Winning customer service”

Ranked #10 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Winning customer service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A very good hotel experience. The staff went out of their way to do everything possible to make sure we were having a great stay. Breakfast was fantastic. Hotel 71 is in a great location; within walking distance of centre ville, vieux port, citadelle, cruise docks, and numerous restaurants.

Be prepared to tell your cab driver "L'hotel soixante et onze est juste derriere le musee de la civilization;" ours did not know how to find it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nancy L, Front Office Manager at Hotel 71, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Bonjour from Quebec!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel 71. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs and make you enjoy the wide range of activities available in our beautiful city.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly if you are planning another visit to Quebec.

Kind Regards,

nlavigne@hotel71.ca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Acadiana
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room, the bathroom were great, modern in design and extremely comfortable. Our room overlooked the river and the view was wonderful. The rain shower was perfect!! The staff was excellent and knowledgeable, able to answer our questions and steering us to very good restaurants, etc. Breakfast was enjoyable every morning. My husband loved the expresso bar and we both enjoyed the NESPRESSO machine in our room. Another added perk to a perfect room!! We were treated like family which was great because we knew no one. We loved being able to walk everywhere we wanted to go, the Museum of Civilization is right across the street. Other attractions are all easy to get to including the funicular which gets u to upper town. Roxanne, the 3 to 7 desk clerk, was extremely helpful throughout our stay. She really made us feel comfortable and at home. We would highly recommend Hotel 71 to anyone traveling to Quebec!

Room Tip: Ask for the river view
1 Thank Kathryn B
Bonjour Katryn B.,

Thank you so much for your good review. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations during your recent stay to Hotel 71. We strive to offer the best experience possible with high quality features in the room and a personalized guest service.

If you are planning another visit into our beautiful city, do not hesitate to contact me directly at nlavigne@hotel71.ca

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My daughter and I just spent eight nights at Hotel 71 and we already miss it. Where do we begin? The updated design of this gorgeous former bank building is stunning: spacious rooms, sky-high ceilings, perfect views. The food at Il Matto, the hotel restaurant, was delicious and a wonderful respite after a long day of taking in the city. And finally, the staff, at both the hotel and the restaurant -- Le Deuxieme Maximes, as I like to refer to them, on the concierge and desk staff, were simply marvelous. Helpful, kind, funny -- as we knew no one in Quebec, everyone at the hotel made us feel at home and completely taken care of. A final note: It isn't easy to please a teenager -- as any parent of one will tell you -- but the pout and the comment, "Mom, I JUST want to go back to the hotel!" should say it all. We love Quebec and we love Hotel 71!

P.S. This would be a dream hotel for a romantic getaway...

Room Tip: We had a corner room with a view of both the St. Lawrence river and the hill to Upper Town; at night...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bonjour Anita,

It was a pleasure welcoming you. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and offer you an unforgettable stay.

Please contact me at nlavigne@hotel71.ca before your next visit.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel 71 soon! –

Room division Manager
New London, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Cannot say enough about this place! I am writing on the morning of checkout after four terrific days, exploring the city, eating great food, and just relaxing. The room,as reviewed elsewhere, was great-- a suite with a king size bed, glass enclosed shower and REAL bath towels, rather than the small-sized one usually finds, and robes. The breakfast was more than adequate, with crusty croissants, made to order espresso, fruit, cheeses, cold cereal, bagels, bread. The three Max's--concierge, bellman, and waiter-- were exceptionally friendly and helpful, as was the desk staff. The location, on a side street in the lower Old Quebec area, was convenient to good restaurants, the funicular, and the river, but quiet and less crowded than some other areas, and a great place to come back to after walking and touring. I am about to take one last shower and wrap myself in that lovely aforementioned towel and robe, sorry I have to leave. But not only will I stay here again, I will recommend Hotel 71 to anyone I know traveling to Quebec!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nancy L, Front Office Manager at Hotel 71, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Bonjour Teresa729,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind words about your recent experience at Hotel 71. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have already shared your comments with the entire team as a reminder of what we do best. Please contact me at nlavigne@hotel71.ca before your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

So apparently the hotel was previously a bank and that's how you get a grand looking entrance and gorgeous looking architecture on the exterior. And when you enter the rooms that's where the WOWs happen. Classic music was playing right when we stepped in. The design and decor were blown me and my mom away, unique and beautiful! Loved the exposed wall and the design of the shower! Just so modern and neat! I could also tell the toiletry must be quite high end. And the in-room Nespresso machine was awesome! And of course everything was clean! Couldn't spot dust! At the time we booked, we also had complimentary breakfast and let me tell you, the servers were so kind and helpful and asked to make us coffee right when we sat down. The buffet style of breakfast was elegantly presented with cheese trays, fresh juices and etc. I have actually been recommending every friend of mine who is traveling to Quebec to stay at Hotel 71 if they have the budget. It was wonderful! My mom and i really enjoyed it and didn't want to come back to Toronto lol

Room Tip: We would have preferred the room facing the streets instead of the hills and someone's backyard...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Bonjour YatingPhotography,

What a pleasure to read your review! I am thrilled that we were able to meet all your expectations and that you enjoyed your Hotel 71 experience.

Please continue to recommend our property to your friends and family and please do not hesitate to write me at nlavigne@hotel71.ca when you plan to return. Again, thank you for your gracious words, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,

New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It was our first time in Quebec, and we were looking for something romantic as we were going for four days without our kids. We had read tons of reviews on tripadvisor and narrowed it down to two. We decided on Hotel 71 and were thrilled with our choice from the moment we arrived. It was incredibly well located in lower town, within easy walking distance to upper town--and coincidentally right next to the other hotel we had been considering. Everyone at Hotel 71, from the valet to the concierge, were absolutely lovely and made every effort to be make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

Our room was fantastic! We had called a few weeks beforehand to request a king bed and a nice view. While they couldn't promise either they made a note and said they would try. They asked if we would prefer a view of the river or the Frontenac; I asked for their recommendation but ultimately said whichever they thought would be nicer. They certainly delivered. Not only did we have a king bed but we had a corner room that had gorgeous views or both the river and the Frontenac. The room was a very nice size, the bed super comfortable and the shower very luxurious and invigorating. Breakfast was included and while it was a simple buffet, fresh croissants and cappuccinos were a great start to the day.

The concierge, Francine, was wonderful and never steered us wrong. We ate very well every evening, based entirely on her recommendations (and our explanation of what we were looking for). From lunch spots to walking tours to dinners, she was always spot on!

Room Tip: Request a corner room, as we had views of both the river and the Frontenac.
Bonjour from Quebec,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel 71. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our property, the restaurant Il Matto and the area.

It was a pleasure to read your kind words regarding Francine, our Clef d'Or concierge. She is a key member in our team and we are delighted to know you were able to visit the best that our beautiful city can offer.

Do not hesitate to contact me next time you plan a trip to Quebec.

Front Office Manager
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Firstly, As often as is true Staff made the experience, whether it be concierges and front desk people eager to assist in arrangements and tips or bellmen that almost jumped to attention to assist with whatever you were carrying. Everyone was always was pleasant to deal with

Secondly, the location of the hotel couldn't offer more options to see the various parts of the city, antiquing one direction, old port and funicular up another direction, ready access to extensive bike path. The central location allowed us to cover more ground when wanting to see all that the city offered. Bonus for Bicyclists, in one direction, A bike path goes by a great Farmers market, scenic riverfront drive one way and Up the St Lawrence the other way. (I used the complimentary bicycles each morning and had a father son bike ride one day whose memory I will treasure)

The Hotel rooms were clean, beds comfortable all you need. The Hotels Restaurant served up some delicious italian with our waiter's fun while professional demeaner had us smiling during our meal. Nearby Echaude restaurant was also excellent

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family