This hotel was just amazing! The location was perfect, service was impeccable, rooms were incredible, and everything just 'clicked'.
I have stayed in many beautiful hotels before, and this is one of the top 5.
My partner and I came to Quebec city for one night as a side trip from Montreal. We had never been there and just generally read reviews on Trip Advisor. Some things that made our trip great:
1) Followed advice to stay in the old city
2) location of this hotel -- excellent. not having to climb up to the upper part after a long day was a plus, and the general area I found to be much nicer than where the chateau is. More and more genuine cafe's, stores, restaurants... extremely beautiful. not so crowded as where Frontenac is.
One thing that made this place great was the service. In a nutshell, if there is something the staff can do to make your stay better, they will do it, and happily. They were beyond professional and friendly.
ROOMS: beautiful. Modern but warm and homey. Neutral colors, high ceilings and the bathrooms were great. Great lighting. felt like an oasis.
When we arrived there was classical music playing and truffles, flowers, chocolates on the bed.
The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
BREAKFAST: Exactly what we wanted. light and healthy. we are not big cooked breakfast people, so we really enjoyed this. served in a lovely dining room, it is a cold breakfast which includes granola, yogurt, cereals, cheese, eggs, toast, croissants, danishes, fresh fruit, dried fruit, etc. Very fresh and healthy food.
COFFEE: for coffee lovers this is a dream! There is a REAL and lovely cafe on site, and if you are a guest you can drink anything for free throughout your stay, anytime. espresso, tea, hot chocolate, coffee, anything.
LOCATION: excellent! I will never stay anywhere else in Quebec!!!
Merci Hotel 71!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in 2005 within the 19th-century building of the First National Bank Head Office in Canada, Hotel 71 was voted one of the trendiest Canadian hotels in 2012 as per TripAdvisor. Hotel 71 is an urban property offering a prime location in Quebec City’s Old Port district. It is situated within walking distance from the best restaurants and attractions the city has to offer. With a total of 60 rooms and suites, Hotel 71 is a contemporary property within a historic building and neighborhood. Each of its 60 rooms and suites includes hardwood flooring, high ceiling, flat screen television, Nespresso coffee machine, high thread-count bedding and duvet, complimentary high speed wireless Internet access, cordless phone, DVD player & home theater system, ultramodern bathroom with rain shower as well as some amazing views. Also, 4 meetings rooms for gatherings of 2 to 110 persons as well as a brand new Penthouse Suite which will soon have its own exclusive rooftop terrace are available. Its popular in-house Italian restaurant Il Matto 71 is also not to be missed. Hotel 71, a definite address of good-taste in Québec City! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel 71 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le 71 Quebec City
- Hotel 71 Quebec/Quebec City