Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort
Ranked #54 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Big rooms - very quiet, comfortable bedding and pillows.
great spa, altough we would have appreciated a swimming pool.
The hotel is located outside quebec city but there is a shuttle bus almost every hour which will drop you at the parliament hill. You have to book it in advance at the reception. We did not get the chance to try the breakfast, we were told it was until 11am, but when we arrived at 10:40, there was almost nothing left. All in all we were satisfied with our stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our stay at Four points was comfortable and relaxing. Maria at front desk is a nice lady and gave us all the details about the places we wanted to visit. Hotel has courtesy bus service that drops to Quebec city. Fortified Quebec city, Assembly building, the restaurants around the street are nice places to visit. You have to walk a lot to see the fortified complex. Change of guards in the fort and the guided tour around the fort was quite intersting.
Few days we took a car and parked in the public parking. If you go early you can find a spot for flat rate parking. ( $7 for 12 hours).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mohanarangan
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Pretty much your standard hotel, no bar, hotel restaurant hard to find, nothing around the property. Staff was efficicient and friendly. One thing that bugs me the most. Why is it that some hotel staff didn't take hotel etiquette 101. Never put people that are travelling on business together in adjacent rooms. This is a simple thing to do, I always compliment hotel staff when they separate business colleagues. This hotel did not adhere to this. Would I stay here again, maybe, most likely not.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Habsexpos
kalleyn, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Hasbexpos,

Thank you for giving us your opinion on your last stay.

I was so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your experience at our restaurant and bar. As you noticed during your stay, we are currently undergoing renovations at the restaurant. We have tried to set up our temporary restaurant as comfortably as possible for all guests, but the bar space unfortunately could not be kept as it was for the duration of our makeover process -though the bar service remains available at the dining table or in-room.
Please know that our completely renovated restaurant will be available mid-July and will feature a spacious new bar.

As for the room that was attributed for you, I'd like to extend my apologies that our staff did not meet your needs. We try to assign rooms according to various factors, guest preferences being one of them and we generally can accomodate guest requests when communicated to us.

I'd like to extend my sincere apologies to you once again and please know the we truly hope that we will get the chance to show you how great our property really is.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was expecting a lot more in terms of service for this property. They aren't equipped to handle platinum level guest. I requested one hypo-allergenic pillow after removing 4 down pillows from my room. I called twice about it only to be told that they didn't have any. I slept with no pillow during my stay. On my SPG account, it clearly states an allergy to down pillows. Our room was upgraded and they do provide a hotel shuttle to the city center. Taxis tend to be expensive for lugging around the city otherwise. We tried to book a massage at the spa but it was fully booked. The property seems to be modern and updated but there aren't many perks for platinum members. There was no welcome note from the manager in my room nor was there any welcome gift like a fruit basket, bottle of wine or local snack as I am used to. They didn't seem flexible when I asked about a later check out. I canceled my future stay at the property and decided to stay at the Marriott downtown Quebec City for the remainder of my stay. I just felt the service was lackluster and one of the front desk staff was helpful but the other was a bit grumpy.

Room Tip: If you stay here, get an upgraded room. If you have allergies, make sure to alert the hotel ahead o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lewis C
Dear whslc,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion with us on TripAdvisor.

I'm sorry to hear that you felt this way about our property and I would love for you to get into contact with me directly to further discuss the matter.

Calgary
Reviewed 27 June 2014

An overnight on our way north this resort hotel was an excellent choice. The rooms are clean and of good size, the beds comfortable, and the shower excellent. There is no pool, but a large hot tub and spa area was a welcome retreat to relax at the end of a long drive. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The forth floor with a view to the north is very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your great review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Although not right in the heart of Quebec City, the drive into the city is an easy one. The staff and the amenities make up for the 10 to 15 minute drive in. Highly recommend it! Located right by a golf course is a benefit for you golf ears.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Byron W
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Quebec Resort, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Byron W,

Thank you for your great review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that you will visit us again soon - and don't forget your golf clubs!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I wasn't all that impressed - fair enough there was ongoing construction work for my entire stay but while there were lots of staff I didn't recally get any feel for them being interested in 'good and friendly' service. Rooms are pretty worn but clean and well services. Restaurants and food very good. Top location. So hopefully after renovations and with a bit of a greater focus on friendly service as opposed to 'this is it' it would be a top class hotel. If I came back to Quebec City again I would probably stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for an external view (I had a view of an interior courtyard which was under reconstructdion - an...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Keith2014,

I'd like to thank you for taking a few moments out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback in regards with your last stay.

I'm sorry to hear that our staff didn't give you the friendly service we thrive to deliver to all of our guests. Be assured that our team is hand-picked and trained to make every guest feel special and unique, as well as ensuring that everyone gets the most out of all of our services and their stay. I have taken the time to follow-up with fellow directors with this issue so that each individual team can be briefed on the quality of service our guests must recieve.

I'm happy that you felt our rooms were clean and well serviced, despite that you fel they were worn. As you know, we are currently undergoing renovations and since April we've added on new meeting space, completely renovated our front desk and are currently finishing up the restaurant makeover. We plan on continuing renovations in upcoming years and will be adressing the rooms.

Once again, thank you for all of your feedback.
We'll be working hard on bettering our customer service for your next visit.