“Good location”

Ranked #64 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were hoping to stay in the old section of Quebec City; but the prices were very high. We chose the Grand Times hotel because it was out of the city , but not too far (about 4 miles). We are really happy that we did because this weekend was the music festival that had tens of thousands of people pouring into Old Quebec. It was shoulder to shoulder down the streets and the music was deafening. I loved the feeling and excitement; but was so glad that I wasn't staying in a hotel there because I can guarentee that they got no sleep. Grand Times is an interesting hotel because it is "modern" . It is nice, but spare. Everything you would expect in a hotel room was there, except for hot drinks though they were available at any time in the lounge. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent; though because of the layout it was difficult to get food and to sit down with your food once you had it. The staff responded to this problem by opening up more time ( from 6-10 am) , which I thought was excellent thinking on their part and great initiative. The hotel is close to the Quebec City Airport. There was plenty of parking. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dee G
J-F T, General Manager at Grand Times Hotel - Quebec City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience during you recent stay with us. We will continue to improve our facilities and services in order to exceed guest expectations and we hope to welcome you during your next visit to Quebec City.

There are newer reviews for Grand Times Hotel - Quebec City Airport

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here for business in May 2014, with a few colleagues.

Hotel is clean, and quiet. The staff were excellent, and very friendly, and spoke english very well. The continental breakfast in the morning was very general. I would not expect mush more than toast, bagels, cold boiled eggs, yogurt and some fruit. If your not into that for breakfast, there are a few restaurants around the area to eat at. It's mediocre at best, but it serves the purpose for people on the run. I enjoy fresh pasties in the morning!

Im not sure if the hotel rooms had any late night dining available. If so, I was unable to find it easily. It wasn't a deal breaker for me. The hotel room (the basic room) had no fridge, of bottle opener. It may sound petty, but it was business trip, and there were a few of us in different rooms, so opening a beer (purchased at the convenience store) before dinner at a restaurant that night was not possible.

The proximity to the airport is about a 10 minute drive. Plenty of parking. Finding the hotel is easy.

I'll say it again, the hotel staff were great help. And the lobby is also very nice to sit sit a relax or to do a little wok.

Room Tip: I would go for the upgraded room, not the basic room. It may have more amenities.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SLaing1979
J-F T, General Manager at Grand Times Hotel - Quebec City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience. We hope to have the opprtunity to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel has a Grand Theme, however they have problems in other places. Don't get me wrong, its not a bad hotel by any strech, but the rooms are in need of an update, and the hotel itself could use some cleaning up and updating in the public areas. One of the strangest things I found was the the so called business center half way up the stairs, is not connected to any printers, so if you need to print something, you have to save it and send it to someone at the front desk to print out for you. Kind of nuts if you ask me. The pool area is a bit grimmy for my taste and the breakfast area while nice and comfortable, is not laid out well and people get in each others way a lot. This is the second time I have been here, so I did not judge it one this one trip. This hotel may be fine if you are vacationing here, but I felt it was not all that business friendly.

Room Tip: If you do pick this hotel to stay at during a vacation, go HIGH and South, a way from the airport.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
J-F T, General Manager at Grand Times Hotel - Quebec City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you very much for your constructive comments regarding some of our facilities as these will enable to improve our services and facilities. Please note that some of our public areas will be undergoing renovations in June in order to update our look.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Our usual hotel i s downtown, but to save time on short layovers, we are now staying at the Grand Times. 11 hours later, it seems to be a great place to stay. We get in too late for the breakfast (sleep VS food - sleep wins) so i can't comment on that, but my co-worker says it's good - basic, but good. Fridge in the room (ideal for me). I do sleep with earplugs at all the hotels and i had a fab sleep here. Even when i took them out, it seemed to be relatively quiet - guests slamming doors, but that's normal everywhere. Bathroom clean (one leaky faucet that should get fixed soon). Staff was very welcoming. Many venues right next door - restaurants, movies etc... All in all - if you don't have time to stay in Vieux Quebec, this airport hotel is good. (as we stay here on business, the price is not reflected in my review) The cleanliness complaints from previous guests was not an issue - i inspected, and nothing - clean. (besides, most times it's what you can't see at hotels... door handles, phones etc...) i had no issues regarding cleanliness. If i stay in Quebec city on my own, i would without a doubt go downtown and chose an old Gite, but this is OK for an airport stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience regading your recent stay.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

As usual, we stayed at the Times before taking the plane the next morning. Since it is very near the airport, it's convenient, but, the hotel Times is still neat, quiet at a low decent price, without forgetting the great "free" breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
J-F T, General Manager at Grand Times Hotel - Quebec City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for your message and ongoing support. We hope to have the opportunity in having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

this is my second time there this year. was hoping this could be my home away from home in quebec city as the staff and check in is easy, it is close to the highway, free internet, and free cold breakfast. I booked the executive suite, it is a nice room however it is a little small to call it a suite. however the little kitchenette area can be practical as there is no restaurant on the premises. the ambiance in the lobby is amazing. the music a little loud to work but amazing none the less. My only issue and for me this is a grave issue is that when it came time to go rest, i opened up the sheets and..... lots of ling strands of hair. this us a huge no no for me. they were very kind downstairs and they came up to verify and they saw all the hair and moved me to a new suite. the gentlemen checked for hair but the lights were not on. i told him to wait i checked and yes hair again. this time only 1 long strand and on the pillow. i moved the pillow and stayed as i was extremely tired. however will i go back, will i refer it? NO. Next month will try out somewhere new.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank susana l
J-F T, General Manager at Grand Times Hotel - Quebec City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write your message about your experience and bringing this matter to our attention which will not be ignored and acted upon.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel is nicely located near the airport, a lot of restaurants and stores around.

I stayed in a standard room. I hear the suite are much better. The room was small, very dark, and not very clean. There was dried food splashes on the wall over the desk.

They say they have a lounge, but read here a large hall. Not really a bar. The person at the front desk is also serving the bar.

There is a pool. Technically. But it is very small.

The included breakfast is minimum. During our stay there was a group of tourist, around 50 people, trying to have breakfast at the same time. It was a total madness around a tiny counter, people fighting for toasts and coffee. No place to sit, no trays to take the food to our room. So we decided to go out instead. I understand that this must be an exceptional situation.

The value for the money is not so good. There are several other hotels around and next time I have to be in that area, I will try another one.

Room Tip: Suite instead of standard room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
J-F T, General Manager at Grand Times Hotel - Quebec City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. These will enable us to improve our facilities and services. We value the time you have taken in writing your constructive feedback.