“Perfect Location, Exceptional Service”

Auberge Aux Deux Lions
Ranked #5 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
boston
“Perfect Location, Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I booked this small inn for my boyfriend's birthday and I couldn't be happier with my decision! The price, location, accommodations and customer service were unbeatable!
From the first time I called, to the minute we left, the owner and reception were very kind and helpful. They allowed us to check in early, no problem. They had a parking spot in the back garage ready for us. Recommendations for restaurants were great! The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had a kitchen outside of our room with a small refrigerator and cabinets full of wine glasses and anything else we could need. The rooms are on the smaller side, but very very cozy!
The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Old City so we walked everywhere. It rained a bit, so the owner offered us umbrellas. It's nice that it's not in the heart of the city because it is very peaceful and quiet. There is a Tim Hortons right across the street and plenty of restaurants in the area.
This place was perfect! Thank you for the amazing service!!

1 Thank g g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We were greeted with a very warm welcome on our arrival and every morning we always were asked about our day plans and if we needed any suggestions or assistance. We were shown to the Montcalm Room. It has a Queen bed and a twin, just perfect for my friend and me. Very cozy room and very clean. It was nice to have the kitchenette available to use the fridge for soda and adult beverages. We were supplied with maps, information, and dining suggestions. Continental breakfast is served daily if you wish. It's just a 6 block walk to the Old City, so we were away from the crowds. Our 3 days were relaxing. I would return anytime.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Sun Peaks, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I can only add my complete agreement with previous posters that the Deux Lions is all anyone could want when travelling. We stayed five nights and the room was always spotless whenever we returned. Our late (10:300 PM) arrival was very well handled and I very much appreciated the email communications from the hotel before we arrived. All in all a superior experience in a beautiful city.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michaelfane
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2013

As a solo traveller on business, my trip was short and I needed things to be fuss-free. Jean-François was very helpful in recommending good dining places in the area, and must-not-miss places of interest that are frequented by locals. His warmth and good humour makes him a wonderful host, and he takes care to respond as best as he can to personal requests. Joëlle was also extremely patient and understanding when my travel plans changed at the last minute, and she was very responsive to my emails. Late-night check-ins are possible and very easy.

My room was very clean and tastefully decorated, and essential toiletries were provided (e.g., towels, shampoo, soap). Daily housekeeping was also provided. The rooms have both heating and air-conditioning (respite from the heat, especially in mid-June when I was there). The bed was very comfortable. There was hardly any noise at night, save for a few cars passing by because my room was nearer the main road. It certainly felt like home!

In terms of location, the hotel is about a 15-minute walk away from the convention centre, and a 20-minute walk away from Old Québec. One tip about Québec City: It is set on a hill so you are likely to encounter some slopes along the way! The hotel is in haute-ville (upper town), so if you are interested in going to basse-ville (lower town), you will need to go downhill and then come back uphill. Many buses pass by the hotel, so if you are not up to the climb, you can definitely take the bus back (which was what I did). I took Bus 801 at Blvd Charest Est and Rue Dorchester, and it made its way up the hill and past Old Québec before turning onto Blvd René-Lévesque (where the hotel is located). There may be other buses as well, and you can always ask Jean-François or Joëlle for more information about travelling in the city.

In a nutshell, I definitely enjoyed my stay at Auberge Aux Deux Lions and I will certainly choose to stay here again when I next visit Québec City.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LSuzy
Worcester
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Really nice hosts. Lovely rooms. Great breakfast. Good location. I don't need to say anymore as everyone else has said this. This has to be high on your list if you're intending to stay in Quebec. Breakfast is $8.50 and they have a great package with a local restaurant that I can also recommend.

Room Tip: We were in room 213 which is in the basement. Nice big room which is nicely decorated with almost it...
Banff, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The quality of the management and staff of Auberge Aux deux Lions convert what would have been a good hotel, in any case, to an excellent experience. The owner/manager is extremely helpful and good-humoured and pays great attention to all personal requests for details. His advice in respect of local restaurants and services proved very reliable .

The hotel is well maintained and the rooms comfortable without being luxurious. The hotel is small and quiet, which we thought was a benefit. It is well located with many restaurants and bars within a 5 or 10 minute walk. The old town is just a pleasant walk away. The bus to Montmorency Falls goes down the street of the hotel.

We would strongly recommend the hotel.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 days with my daughter. joelle was helpful and accommodating even when our flight got cancelled and we needed to arrange for a late check-in. Very helpful via email even before our arrival. The hotel is in a great location right by Grand Theatre du Quebec, the 11 and 25 buses stop here and will take you to the St. jean gate of the old city if you dont want to walk. A couple blocks over is Avenue Cartier which has a lot of restaurants and shops, including a nice little market area and excellent bakery and food store Picadelle, if you need picnic supplies. Conveniently located to all the sights in Haute ville

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family