“Great hospitality!”

Auberge Aux Deux Lions
Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed with some friends last week and left my luggage at the hotel while I went to Ile d'Orleans. They made our stay so perfect. The room was great for our group, the staff were super friendly and kind, and when I came back to pick up my bags, all hot and sweaty, they were kind enough to let me use the restroom to shower and change. This last bit led to my final hours in Quebec to be so much better and made my flight home more comfortable. Thank you again for your hospitality. I will definitely be recommending your auberge to my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Looks like a multi-bedroom house. Some home-like feeling: you can go to a common kitchen any time at night, and make a tea. Feels cozy and very hospitable. All info provided by the front desk was very precise: locations, attractions, food, schedules, etc. But the most important way to rate the hotel: my wife liked it a lot, which was a big factor in giving it a 5 star!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank alex_sj_ca
Reviewed 17 July 2013

No need to doubt any of the positive reviews!!! I can only underline what others have said.....terrific host and staff.Really quiet rooms and utterly immaculately kept. Very valuable and enthusiastic advice about eating, activities, directions.Really fun to converse in either French or English with Jean-Francois,Joelle or Sandi. They are rightly proud and knowledgeable about their city....a jaw- dropping gem in any season. Check out the garden and balcony. Don't forget to pet the lions!!! When(not if) we go back this is first on our list.

Gillis Family

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This boutique hotel is wonderful. Great location, the friendliest and most helpful owner I have probably ever seen at a hotel. He told us what to see and where to eat every meal before we even asked! The room was big and clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. A little pricey, but definitely worth the money, I would stay here again if I ever go back to Quebec City!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I booked this small inn for my boyfriend's birthday and I couldn't be happier with my decision! The price, location, accommodations and customer service were unbeatable!
From the first time I called, to the minute we left, the owner and reception were very kind and helpful. They allowed us to check in early, no problem. They had a parking spot in the back garage ready for us. Recommendations for restaurants were great! The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had a kitchen outside of our room with a small refrigerator and cabinets full of wine glasses and anything else we could need. The rooms are on the smaller side, but very very cozy!
The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Old City so we walked everywhere. It rained a bit, so the owner offered us umbrellas. It's nice that it's not in the heart of the city because it is very peaceful and quiet. There is a Tim Hortons right across the street and plenty of restaurants in the area.
This place was perfect! Thank you for the amazing service!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank g g
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We were greeted with a very warm welcome on our arrival and every morning we always were asked about our day plans and if we needed any suggestions or assistance. We were shown to the Montcalm Room. It has a Queen bed and a twin, just perfect for my friend and me. Very cozy room and very clean. It was nice to have the kitchenette available to use the fridge for soda and adult beverages. We were supplied with maps, information, and dining suggestions. Continental breakfast is served daily if you wish. It's just a 6 block walk to the Old City, so we were away from the crowds. Our 3 days were relaxing. I would return anytime.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I can only add my complete agreement with previous posters that the Deux Lions is all anyone could want when travelling. We stayed five nights and the room was always spotless whenever we returned. Our late (10:300 PM) arrival was very well handled and I very much appreciated the email communications from the hotel before we arrived. All in all a superior experience in a beautiful city.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple