“Lovely stay”

Auberge Aux Deux Lions
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had a very nice stay in Auberge Aux Deux Lions. I really appreciated the hospitality. The lady at the reception gave helpful information about the city. Very kind owners.

Spacious room with a great bed. We slept wonderful ;-).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamSam216

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed this hotel with two friends. I was very very satisfied with warmth and kindness of staffs. Thanks to them,our trip became something pleasant to look back on. I'll never forget them. And I would like to visit them at this hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank sayaka m
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at Auberge Aux Deux Lions last weekend. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. As soon as we checked in they pulled out a map of the area and showed us the best places to eat (and some places to avoid as well) which was quite helpful. The room we stayed in was a bit small but it worked for two people. The room was very clean. The hotel was a good walking distance to downtown. Overall, we had a very positive experience at this bed and breakfast and would recommend it to others. We will likely be back in the future!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melanie H
Reviewed 22 February 2014

On the down side, Parking is extra ($14/night) and the size of the bathroom sinks remind one of the wash basin on a schooner (tiny).

On the plus side, the staff is very accomodating. There is no elevator (lift) but staff (actually, the owners) had our luggage up to the room before we had even completed the check in process with Sandie, the english-speaking receptionist. Staff were very much customer oriented and acted like private concierges, making reservations and calling taxis (which usually arrived within minutes). On a side note, the sidewalks were still slippery in spots and we called a cab to take us a short walk away, which we would have done with no problem with clean sidewalks). The cab driver arrived, then refused to take us there as he did not want to charge us $5 for such a short trip. As we were about to arrive at our destination, the cab driver pulls up, honks his horn, rolls down his window ans says, "see, I told you it was not far away". I found it humorous; one of our party who has had a double knee replacement found it less humorous. But, I digress. Back to the staff...Sandie provided a wealth of information about local attractions.
A continental breakfast is offered at the hotel for $8.50. If you desire a hot breakfast, there is a restaurant (with the unlikely name Tutti-Frutti) a few doors down that offers a full line of traditional hot breakfasts. There is also a Tim Hortons (think a combination Dunkin donuts and sandwich shop) across the street in the same block.

The Auberge also has a package deal with Graffit Restaurant, a short distance away. A four course meal with a half bottle of wine including tip and taxes for $59. There are limited menu choices but they are not skimpy. I had a first course of salad with grilled sea scallops done with a sauce of curry and maple syrup. An excellent creamed vegetable soup came before the principle plate of Bison Medallions with Bordelaise and seasonal vegetables. A choice of excellent desserts and coffee topped off the meal. I would definitely do this again!

Our room was in the original building and faced the driveway, so there was no street noise to speak of. Although the outside temperatures were frigid, we were quite comfortable inside.

I am thinking of a possible future trip back ther in the summer.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a little sitting area which is nice if you have friends in another room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lasagnejoe
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is my second time at this lovely B&B and I'm all ready for another. I brought a group of 12 people, each person giving me spectacular feedback on their experience. The whole place is immaculate and you can tell it is well maintained and loved. Each room has it's own character and a bit different. The separate sitting areas are such a nice touch to have, especially if you have friends in another room who'd like to chat about your day together. José, Philippe & Sandie are the most inviting, warm, and attentive hosts I've ever encountered. I always knew I could ask any question about Québec and the help was there. Sandie has such good energy! Thank you all of you-I will see you soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank trsta75
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a couple of nights. Good location to walk to several attractions downtown or just to grab a bite. Clean, new rooms. Can be very noisy some nights. It is acceptable for families since they had a big room for us and not many stairs. Owners are very chatty, a bit too much in my opinion, especially if you have young kids to tend to like we do. Also, the owners could not suggest any activities for children. They could not even provide me with directions to the aquarium. They did suggest, however, a wonderful gourmet burger restaurant close by.
For the overall experience and price, it was interesting, but would not be my pick for another visit.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lighthouse4life
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Thee cutest bed and breakfast I've ever stayed at!

Tip: Room 201 is at the top and very 'penthouse suiteish'. There's 1 double bed and 2 twin beds. Cute setup, but I kept bumping my head on the awkward caved in wall that the bed is under. Other than that, the staff (especially Sandy!) was so friendly and accommodated us in every way, such as speaking English. 5 stars.

Plus, the location is walking distance to Old Quebec and a great brunch spot- Tutti Frutti and Le Cochon Dingue.They offer breakfast, but it is very basic. If you want a full 'Americanized' breakfast, go to a restaurant.

Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends