What a great find! It was easily accessible, right off the highway. That said, you do hear the traffic as we were facing the highway. However, that didn't overshadow our stay for 3 nights. I found a deal through Expedia for $125/night and we thought it was the best hotel during our vacation (we stayed at 3 different hotels). It's about a 10 minute drive into Old Quebec. We parked at a public lot for about $17 for the day, just outside Old Quebec.
The hotel has 4 floors so it's not huge and it didn't have a pool. That was the 2nd downside (street noise being the first). The room was comfortable and clean. I love the hardwood floor. I wish more hotels would go for the non-carpet floors, much more sanitary, I would think. The bathroom was roomy with underfloor heating (which we didn't get to see work as they only turn it on in the colder months). The toiletries were higher end quality. I always appreciate shower gel instead of soap.
The room came with a fridge and microwave which we used. The breakfast was good, lots of things to eat. We even managed to make sandwiches for lunch. They had the best breakfast out of the other hotels we stayed at during our vacation. The breakfast room was busy though. However, staff was always there stocking up supplies. In the lobby there is a coffe/cappucino/hot chocolate machine that's available all the time. Cappucino hit the spot on a couple of occassions. There was also a juice dispenser which I didn't drink from.
The staff was very helpful with directions. My husband and I wanted our girls to practice their French and the staff behind the desk was very accomodating, speaking to them in French.
There is also a washer and dryer which are free to use AND they even provide the detergent and dryer cloth. How great is that?!
There is a Costco about 5 minutes away, and a mall not too far. Tim Hortons is next door.
Overall, I think this is a great hotel. A lot of nice touches like the breakfast, free washer and dryer with fridge and microwave. No fee to park cars and the drive into Old Quebec isn't too stressful. We are going to go back to Quebec City one day and I will definitely be looking to book this hotel. Can't say enough about this great little hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated hotel is well located, 10 minutes from Old Quebec, from The Relais ski resort and 5 minutes from the Galerie de la Capitale shopping center, with many restaurants nearby... Our friendly staff is waiting for you... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel & Suites Le Dauphin Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Suites Le Dauphin Quebec
- Hotel Le Dauphin
- Hotel & Suites Le Dauphin Quebec Quebec City