“Good casual place off the beaten track”
Review of Phil Smoked Meat

Phil Smoked Meat
Ranked #93 of 1,480 Restaurants in Quebec City
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Phil Smoked Meat is a restaurant atmosphere with an exceptional menu was basic smoked meat which our spaghetti, submarine, our delicious pizza and sandwiches. At Phil Smoked Meat, we sincerely hope that you will enjoy to visit our trade. We all policies, methods, procedures and essential supplies to make your experience with us is perfect. At home, take two rules: RULE # 1 - THE CUSTOMER IS OUR REASON TO LIVE !! RULE # 2 - REVIEWING THE RULE # 1 Hope to serve you!
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Smoked meat. Apparently this is something Quebec takes pride in. So despite the fact that my wife and I eat a primarily vegan diet, we stopped in for dinner. We weren't disappointed. This place is super-local. Don't bother getting dressed up. But the food is good.

1  Thank Stephen B
Philippe B, Propriétaire at Phil Smoked Meat, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your visit. I hope you have a nice trip at Quebec City !!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Not the best I've had, but it was some good meat! A little on the pricey side like everything else in Vieux Quebec. I would have preferred my meat cut with a knife. It was machine cut but I think I could have just asked for the cut and it would have been done, that's my fault. I usually like to eat a nice smoke meat with some good french fries, they only serve with chips. Or even better a smoke meat poutine is always on my list of things to eat. Overall it was very good and I would return.

2  Thank AnthonyJa86

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate it !!
But sorry, the meat is cut with a knife by the cook. You can take lean, medium or fat. And you see it because the kitchen is open.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This place was located very close to my conference so I went there on lunch break! And I should say it was totally worth it! Staff are extremely helpful (speak English too) and there is an awesome French vibe going on there! Highly recommend it

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Tripadvisor map has this place in the wrong location. Punch the address in to your gps, and it'll find it easy.

Well worth effort, this is done great smoked meat. Done like it's supposed to be, a great meal.

filou71, Propriétaire at Phil Smoked Meat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for this information. I contact tripadvisor for changing the place on the map.

Sorry about this and it will be a pleasure to serve you in my restaurant.

Philippe
Phil Smoked Meat

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A little hard to find but well worth the search. The smoked meat sandwiches were delicious.
My wife still talks about how wonderful they were. Prices at the restaurant were not bad considering how expensive many restaurants are in Quebec City. You also get a lot of delicious food for the money. Don't expect high end atmosphere but it suited us perfectly. I would
highly recommend a visit to this restaurant.