“second stay”

Ranked #46 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“second stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Super 8's in Canada, in my opinion, seem to be higher quality than the ones in the US. This one is comparable to a Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites. My first stay here in 2011 was ok, so I chose to stay here again for three nights in 2013. The price was about the same as other places in the area.

The room was ok, but it could have been great. The bed is comfortable with good pillows, but they do not use fitted sheets. If you move around a lot, you might wind up on the bare mattress. The comforter/spread is really warm, which is ok. I can't sleep as well without a blanket on, so I turned the thermostat down to keep the heat from running. The thermostat is on the wall instead of built into the a/c unit, which is a huge plus for me. Not only can you dial in an exact temperature on the digital display, but the fan can be set to run continuously. I sometimes like to run the fan for some white noise or just to stir up the air in the room.

Two years ago, I had a room on the ground floor, next to a side entrance. That room was very noisy. This time, I was on the third floor and did not notice any noise at all from the hall or rooms next to me. The bathroom has a powered fan for exhaust, not just a vent hole like some places.

The room was clean except for the bathroom, which was about as clean as my 12 year old would manage when in a hurry. You wouldn't notice anything unless you looked closely. I felt it necessary to make/use a t.p. butt gasket for the throne. This is normal behavior for me at a truckstop or airport restroom, but not for a hotel room.

The breakfast was ok, about the same as you get at other places: Cereal, bread/bagels/muffins, hard boiled eggs, sample size yogurt cups, and a waffle maker. I can't remember if they had any fruit.

Watch your step - Canada must not have any "slip and fall" lawyers like the US. The parking lot and walkway was icy and slippery in 2011. This has not changed in 2013.

Room Tip: the ground floor has the most foot traffic and noisiest rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Quebec City, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing you good experience at our Hotel Super 8 in Quebec City. I was happy that you took the time to write in a very nice way all the details about your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.

My best regards,

Lyne Malenfant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We rencently stayed in this Super 8 which from the outside appearance is nice and the rooms are very clean, but, in the morning we woke up to see bed bugs in the bed. Luckily my friend and I were not bit but very freaked out by it. I will not return to this location.

• Stayed October 2013
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Quebec City, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Customer,

I verify with the hotel and we did not have case of bed bug. I will really appreciate that you call our General Manager as soon as you can to clarify this big issue. We inspect our room very often to make sure that those thing does not happen. It is very sad that if it was the case you did not mention it to the frontdesk but on this site.

Stittsville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The price seemed rather high for the quality of the hotel. The bed was not great, breakfast was poor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Our breakfast is a continental breakfast with whole fruits, 3 kinds of bagel, breads, muffins, hot waffles, hard egg , yogourt , juices , hot chocolate and coffee. It is sad that it did not meet your expectation.

My best regards,