I have to agree with so many of the reviews - the hotel seemed average at first glance from the street. But from the moment you go in, you know you're not in Kansas anymore.
The Van Gogh theme of the lobby is enchanting but not cloying. Marie-Eve was the host we met right off and she was lovely. From guiding us to the underground parking (two dozen steps away - wow!) to making local recommendations, she and the staff were wonderful!
Breakfast was wonderful, as well, as good as all the other reviews say. And the local smoked meat - wow!
The hotel is1-2 blocks from the elevator taking you to the edge of the old town. Not the Funicular, which is across town and costs money, but a lovely, old fashioned elevator that is free and cuts out many steps. Loved it.
The room. Oh, let me tell you about room #4. It's one of the biggest, being listed as a Suite, but no separate walls define the space. It is lovely, roomy, well laid out, sweet couch in the corner, and the shower..... three different sets of shower heads - a regular hand-held one, an overhead waterfall, and two side-mounted jets at shoulder and hip level. And a whole lot of hot water. Thirsty towels and even robes await you, though they were a bit tight on my curvy frame.
If you are shy about showering in front of your roommate, this particular room may not be for you. The shower is just near the bed and lit nicely. Different and I liked it, but if you were travelling with a friend, might be awkward.
Every little detail was seen to and offered eagerly - to the free bottled water.
We needed a cab one night from the old town back, and were surprised to find you cannot hail them - you must either call or find a cab stand, which was very easy once we knew about it.
My sweetheart was enchanted with the hotel, and we plan to stay nowhere else should we return to Quebec City. Thank you for everything, Diego, Antonio, and Marie-Eve!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auberge Le Vincent urban inn is a 4 Star Hotel where historic style and contemporary design are in perfect harmony. Located in the center town of Quebec City’s, Auberge Le Vincent is your gateway to the Old Capital. Here you will find easy access to all attractions and services. Old Quebec, museums, Parliament, train station, bus, are all just steps away from the inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Le Vincent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Le Vincent Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Le Vincent Quebec City
- Hotel Le Vincent Quebec/Quebec City