“Rating it a 5 is just not enough! PERFECT!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Vincent

Hotel Le Vincent
Ranked #22 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Astoria, New York
“Rating it a 5 is just not enough! PERFECT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2009

I can only describe this hotel as perfect in every single way. I decided to go to Quebec City last minute and had no direction, I am so glad that I stayed here and had amazing staff members helping me out.
The location is central, making it a perfect point to visit any place in Quebec. I took Orleans Express from Montreal, if you ask the bus driver to stop at Dorchester and De La Couronne the hotel is up two blocks. There is a major bus terminal a block away, which was very good for me considering that I wanted to visit Montmorency falls and all I had to do was take the bus across the street (800X). There are many banks, restaurants and shopping places on two avenue blocks away (St. Joseph and Charest). Then on the other side of the hotel you have the stairs and elevator to go up the upper city, one blocks away you have rue De La Tourelle or st. Oliver which has many shopping opportunities and if you follow those streets within 15 minutes you will find yourself at the entrance of the old city. In the summer, I believe that the circus will be held 3 blocks away from this hotel. This hotel is the ideal central location.

The staff is amazing, very nice, professional, caring and personable. Claude is an amazing host and Danny gives great advise; both know so much about the city and are a big help. Detailed tourist maps are provided for free; Danny went over the maps, describing how to walk to certain areas and marking off the attractions. He created an entire itinerary for me, that was exactly what I needed considering I had no direction. He is the one who told me about the falls and how to get there, very thankful. They have a DVD selection and they provide that for free as well, the movies are in English as well as in French. There are two doors, one is the main entrance and the other is the back door that you are given the security code for. The hotel is very safe and staff is always available.

I stayed in room 8, Claude and Danny helped me and my boyfriend with our bags. Claude made sure that I understood the room and how to use it, nothing was typical, everything is updated and unique. The shower is insane! Shower heads, body sprayers and very nice rose soaps - amazing. Claude showed us how to use the various lighting, the TV, shower and the heating system (which there is one for the room and then one for the bathroom). The bed and the pillows were the softest I have slept on during a hotel stay. You are provided with some very soft towels and robes. My room had a very comfy couch with a leg rest in front of the TV, which all have DVD players. I was very happy to have high speed wireless internet and a fridge in my room. The room itself is situated at the end of the 3rd floor and it has amazing views of three streets. These are high traffic streets, but the double glass windows made the room very quiet (he told us that he installed them about two weeks ago). Each room is unique, mine was perfect for a relaxing romantic gateway.

The hotel is BEAUTIFUL! Art has really inspired the design, I love the Van Gogh inspired floor in the lobby, its amazing. Everything is really artistic and carefully designed with quality material. The furniture is of really good quality, a lot was invested into the design and material. The place is spotless and really clean.

In the mornings we had an amazing breakfast; nothing was frozen, premade or military food like in other places. Whatever we wanted, they made it for us! FRESH along with fruit on the side and presented professionally. I loved the French toast and the homemade raspberry jam.

My expectations were blown away, everything was flawless, if I could rate this place over a 5 I would. Perfect and I am coming back.

Pros: Location, clean comfy beautiful room, quality materials, great breakfast, amazing staff, high speed wireless internet.... everything!

Cons: NOOOOOOOONE!

If anyone has any questions, message me :)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank synthdoll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Vietnamese first
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

A wonderful spot for those who appreciate bed and breakfasts! Claude is the perfect host. Delicious breakfast; interesting location away from the tourists but close enough to walk anywhere in the city.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

We basically picked this hotel based on reviews at Trip Advisor, did little or no research on Quebec, so was flying blind -trusted Trip Advisor compleatly and were not disappointed. We loved this hotel - the location is great(very easy to find), the breakfast (probably the best i got in any hotel in Canada), the room (was massive and very stylish), the wonderful service(Honestly - this was by a long way the best service i have got in any hotel in the world - i felt like i knew the staff for years, they are great).
For anyone looking to stay in Quebec -this is the only place you can stay. If i ever go back to Quebec it will only be to stay in this hotel - It is worth the trip just to stay in here. Next time i'm going to stay longer.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2009

A very modern, very well thought out design with a great deal of attention to detail. The room we had (#4) was spacious and comfortable. The shower is luxurious, the towels nice and thick (though bath sheets would be nicer) and the bathrobes were a nice plus. The bedding was top-notch. Some folks have complained about the noise in the past, but Claude has solved this problem by very aesthetically doubling the windows. The lighting in the room is romantic, but a bit low if you want to read a lot. Having a refrigerator in the room is a real advantage for a bottle of wine, cold drinks etc. There are only two drawers in the room so if you are traveling for a long time, you will have to live out of your suitcase, except for what you can hang in the closet.

Claude is a wealth of information about restaurants or anything else you might want to know about the area. The parking is convenient and reasonably priced for the area. The breakfast is excellent with a wide choice and lots of fresh fruits.

Make sure you look at the artwork in the auberge, all of which was commissioned by Claude from a local group of artisans.

The auberge is located in St-Roch, which is an area that is starting to become a very popular neighborhood. St-Joseph street, nearby, has several nice boutiques and a great toy store. More will surely arrive in the near future. There are also a number of restaurants (not touristy) on St-Joseph and nearby streets. Claude can recommend a number of others. It's a bit of a walk to the old town, but definitely doable for most people. Otherwise, you can take your car or the bus.

We definitely enjoyed our stay in this auberge even though we have always stayed in the old city before. I'm sure we will return for future visits.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2009

We stayed at this hotel based on reviews at Trip Advisor - and were not disappointed. We loved everything about this hotel - the location, the breakfast, the room, the wonderful service -and restaurant recommendations.

For anyone looking to stay just outside of old Quebec -this is the place to stay. It is next door to two wonderful neighbourhoods - Saint Roch and Faubourg St Jean Baptiste - where you can have a "5a7" drink on a terrasse with the locals and have fabulous meal after a day of touring Old Quebec (recommended restaurants by our hosts were amazing!)

The breakfast was fabulous! The room was not huge - but it was clean and chic!

We arrived, parked our car for 3 days and explored - it was really fantastic.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Desman25
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Auberge for vacation from Feb. 25 to Mar. 1. We booked based on Trip Advisor reviews and they couldn't have been more correct. We stayed in Room 10 which overlooked a quiet street. Annie at reception was an invaluable resource in making the most of our short time in the city. The restaurant recommendations made by all the staff were right on and everything we did in town was a blast. We went dogsledding and visited the Ice Hotel. This was definitely one of our favorite trips and this hotel only added to the experience. Thanks to Claude and all the staff for making it such a wonderful trip. Claude even booked a couple's massage for us at a nearby spa that was fantastic. Eat at Charbon Steakhouse if you get a chance. Also, the dessert sushi at Yuzu was a real treat. Can't say enough good about our visit, not only to the Auberge, but Quebec City as well.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2009

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights on vacation. We highly recommend it. It's a lovely walk into the upper town, and only a few blocks from great restaurants like Le Cafe du Clocher Penche and Yuzu in the St-Roch neighborhood. Our room was large, quiet, and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple