“Great pub!”

Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband likes pub food and a place he can get draft Guinness. On our ten day stay in Quebec City we ate lunch here three times and were never disappointed. I like to try to order in French but my husband is lost without English. He was rescued on two visits by a really cute and friendly waitress who remembered us on our second visit. For good beer and light Pub fare, don’t miss this place.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

That is what you find at the Pub Saint-Alexander. We were hungry, looked fun, live music so we stopped. Even thou the food was mediocre - we really enjoyed the experience. Huge beer selection, and the music was great. Would go back, just not for the food. Eat somewhere else first if your are hungry and want quality. Stop at the Pub Saint-Alexander after and relax.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Having arrived late to Quebec City, we were looking for a place to grab a quick bite before turning in. One of the few places open after 9 p,m. on a Sunday was this pub/restaurant.
I have never really had a bad meal in Quebec City until having visited this restaurant. The french onion soup was the worse I ever had, no flavour, the broth was underwhelming, a piece of bread floating on top with some cheese sprinkled on it. My sandwich was tasteless, seemed to be thrown together and poorly presented.

My colleague had a smoked meat sandwich platter. The sandwich was dwarfed by the plate and the portion was so wanting, and the fries tepid, that my friend left hungry. For that experience he paid about $20.00.

I noted the people seated at the table next to us had sent their food back-

The food is well overpriced - even for this tourist area- avoid this place!. However, they do have a wide range of beers- again you will be paying dearly for the privilege!

There are too many great places to eat in Quebec City- although perhaps not at 9 pm on a Sunday!

1  Thank HDTraveller
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stopped by on last night in Quebec for a beer. Selection is great with many beers you don't often find outside of Europe. There was a girl and guy duo singing that were extremely talented. The music alone kept us there for another round. Didn't eat any food here, so can't comment on food. However, if you're looking for a place to grab a drink and listen to music, this is a good spot.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

After a few hours walking we came across this great bar to quench our trysts, good location in busy street, quick and efficient service and good value for money, and plenty of time to chill out and watch the world go by.