“5 Star lunch experience”

Le Clocher Penche Restaurant
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Caron
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was one of the first of the restaurants I had planned on a Quebec city trip. We arrived at 1 p.m. and had not made reservations, no problem, a small wait and we were accommodated shortly after. The staff were friendly, courteous and accommodated our lack of french in a polite manner. As we had been waiting a few minutes we were able to look at some of the dishes coming out, the Salmon tartare caught our attentions. The restaurant employs a set menu style. With certain dishes requiring a very small surcharge. For lunch it started at 17 dollars base price for 2 courses. My mother and I both decided to order from the appetizer list the speciality of the day, which was homemade Quebec cheese. It was delicious and very fresh. We originally thought it would be a hard set of cheese(s) but it was a soft cheese instead. It was tasty, though the portion size may be smaller for some then they wish. We both ordered the same mains, Salmon Tartare. The dish was simply stunning both aesthetically, and in taste/freshness. The mixture of arugula, squash, and other pickles complemented the Salmon Tartare perfectly. One of the best Salmon dishes I have ever had, and I regularly eat Salmon. We declined the desert options as we had a busy day ahead of us. Service as mentioned was attentive and friendly. The restaurant noise was not out of the normal for a busy restaurant. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We celebrated my birthday, and we all loved it.The Service, food, ambiance is great. We will surely go back

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Highly recommended. My hotel owner said that this is the best restaurant in Quebec City. He knows what he is talking since he has lived in Paris for 30 odd years. We had steak and mixed vegetables, the steak is good but the vegetables are especially tasty. I think the chef must have put in some Balsamico to achieve this tasty effect. My husband had pasta, also interestingly cooked with a bit more vegetables than normal. It's a very busy place, you do need reservations. The service is very friendly and they take time to explain to you the component of certain dishes. We will definitely go back again.

1  Thank SiuMui
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've only ever been here for brunch and each time it's been fabulous. You've never had Eggs Benny like this and their French Toast is a work of art. Despite a very limited menu, each dish is a new twist on an old standard. There are different menus for brunch, lunch and dinner and their menus change every 4 months. Their service is excellent and the atmosphere is eclectic and you have the feeling you might be somewhere in Paris. We've never been disappointed. Either come early or make a reservation. On the weekend there is always a line up.

1  Thank Wally Z
Reviewed 28 January 2014

A lovely place, delicous homemade foodies food, friendly smiling waitresses, no rush attitude, brunch is excellent, large portions!! coffee refills!!! going soon for a valentines dinner!!!, been four times,, the food is excellent!!!reservations necessary!!!