“Good service, nice experience”
Review of Moss Bistro Belge - CLOSED

Moss Bistro Belge
Cuisines: French, American, Belgian, European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Montreal, Canada
“Good service, nice experience”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We had dinner at Moss Bistro Belge on our first night in Quebec City. We each ordered from the table d'hote menu. Service was friendly but a little bit slow on a night when there were only a few tables full, however, it worked to our advantage since we wanted to have a relaxed meal and linger over drinks and coffee. The mussels were "teeny tiny" as it says in a few other reviews here and around the web but the service was good and we enjoyed our meals and the romantic ambiance. We also loved the soup (half spinach, half carrot). The next night, walking by the hotel, we saw that Moss was closed for the night. The next day, we say a bankruptcy notice. Sorry to see it, glad we got to experience the restaurant before it closed. Hoping things turn around though.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank earlyontuesday

Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After reading several reviews, I was a bit worried, however, was not disappointed. Although I am not a mussels eater, their speciality, their shrimps and scallops were excellent. I started my meal with escargots, it could have used a bit more garlic. The soup, half spinach, half turnips was amazing. I finished off my meal with three mini chocolate desserts, being Belgium, how could you go wrong. Service could not be matched, so quick ...

Visited September 2013
Rutherford, New Jersey
“teeny tiny mussels, very disappointing”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Moules et frites is probably my favorite thing in the world! This place is hailed as a great Belgian restaurant and while the selection of sauce options was fabulous and inventive, the mussels were the smallest I have ever seen. It was very disappointing. The beer menu was good and my husband enjoyed a non-mussel-based lunch, but I would not go back.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

A delicious moules restaurant. Very romantic and good food. The menu recommends a beer to have with the different types of moules a really great idea

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“ship wreck”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This place is famous for mussels and fries. The mussels are old, overcooked and the most tasteless chewy blobs I have ever encountered, the fries come from a bag, frozen and cooked in recycled grease, the home made mayonnaise comes from a jar. This used to be a fantastic place for Belgian food. Avoid at all costs! There can't be a Belgian person involved with this ship wreck anymore, impossible.

• Visited August 2013