“Bankruptcy”

Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Quebec City, Canada
“Bankruptcy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Moss Bistro is now close from two weeks ago the notice on front door advise Customer for bankruptcy.The place was going down.

• Visited October 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Good service, nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

We had dinner at Moss Bistro Belge on our first night in Quebec City. We each ordered from the table d'hote menu. Service was friendly but a little bit slow on a night when there were only a few tables full, however, it worked to our advantage since we wanted to have a relaxed meal and linger over drinks and coffee. The mussels were "teeny tiny" as it says in a few other reviews here and around the web but the service was good and we enjoyed our meals and the romantic ambiance. We also loved the soup (half spinach, half carrot). The next night, walking by the hotel, we saw that Moss was closed for the night. The next day, we say a bankruptcy notice. Sorry to see it, glad we got to experience the restaurant before it closed. Hoping things turn around though.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank earlyontuesday
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

After reading several reviews, I was a bit worried, however, was not disappointed. Although I am not a mussels eater, their speciality, their shrimps and scallops were excellent. I started my meal with escargots, it could have used a bit more garlic. The soup, half spinach, half turnips was amazing. I finished off my meal with three mini chocolate desserts, being Belgium, how could you go wrong. Service could not be matched, so quick ...

Visited September 2013
Rutherford, New Jersey
“teeny tiny mussels, very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Moules et frites is probably my favorite thing in the world! This place is hailed as a great Belgian restaurant and while the selection of sauce options was fabulous and inventive, the mussels were the smallest I have ever seen. It was very disappointing. The beer menu was good and my husband enjoyed a non-mussel-based lunch, but I would not go back.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

A delicious moules restaurant. Very romantic and good food. The menu recommends a beer to have with the different types of moules a really great idea

Visited August 2013