“Welcoming place!”

Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Upper Kingsclear, New Brunswick, Canada
“Welcoming place!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Cheerful staff welcoming us into this small, warm restaurant with a decent sized, good lunch. French fries were really good, but also quiche and baguette with duck rillettes were not bad themselves. I would recommend this nice, little restaurant in a very well located spot in the lower part of old Quebec.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Quebec City, Canada
“Fancy!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I picked this place to take my boyfriend out for his birthday and it was a great choice! It was very quiet (only one other group) when we went but that's a given, since it was Wednesday. The food all came promptly, which was great. The place is cozy and I liked how it was decorated. We were seated in a booth by the window, next to a fireplace, which was very very nice. Good ambiance! It was very romantic.
I ordered the brie as a starter and my boyfriend got the duck egg rolls. They were both delicious but according to my boyfriend, the brie was better. As a main, I ordered the duck legs and my boyfriend got the venison in blueberry sauce, which was such an unexpectedly lovely pairing! The duck legs were very tasty as well and I was quite happy. Then we ordered a dessert each: crême brûlée and pouding à l'érable. If you don't like maple syrup, you probably shouldn't get pouding à l'érable. It's a sort of soft cake, pretty much drenched in syrup, served with cream. I loved it but I suppose not everybody would.
The service was great, by the way. The waiter was very friendly but would let us have our privacy as well (since we were the only ones in the restaurant after the other group left) which is appreciated.
It came to $118 including tip, which is a lot for since we're just students so this place is a bit too expensive for us on a regular basis, however, it was a special occasion after all! All in all, a lovely birthday dinner for my boyfriend.

• Visited April 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“happy camper”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

not a great wine list, not exceptionally great food.
However, the atmosphere, the attentive service and the VERY reasonable priced dinner menu made us extremely satisfied. This was by far the most satisfying meal we had in the old town.

One note, entrecote is pretty good compared to the chicken.

Visited April 2014
NJ
“Great small place in lower Quebec City”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a wonderful meal for my wife's birthday at Bistro Sous Le Fort.

Food was good. I had a chicken breast wrapped in philo dough with spinach and brie.
OK but not terrific as it tasted a little dried out. My wife had two appetizers, salad which was good and a melted brie with rum, pecans etc. which was beyond fabulous!! Also offered as a dessert.

Wait staff was terrific. Found out it was my wife's birthday and brought out our dessert creme brulee which was fantastic with a sparkler, and gave her a $10 gift certificate to use on our next visit.

• Visited March 2014
New Hampshire
“Friendly, cozy, delicious”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bowl of soup on a surprisingly chilly afternoon in late March and couldn't have been happier with our choice. Friendly, prompt service and a cozy dining room with fire blazing. We had the onion soup and it was delicious. Cheap, too! Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014