“Very touristy bistro”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The good: Fabulous location, looking up to the funicular and haute city, down to the port.
The bad: Food was meh, nothing special.
The ugly: Service was disappointing. The waiter stood right behind me on the little outside seating area shouting at passers-by to entice them in. I felt like I'd been had.

1  Thank MLS99

Reviewed 6 July 2014

we were walking randomly down the street when a very charming host of this bistro said hello and convinced us to come in. We sat on the patio and enjoyed watching people walk down the cobble stone. Our waitress was FANTASTIC I asked her name but now I forgotten .. she spoke to us in french and then switched to english when we tried to communicate .. we asked if we could continue in french she was so kind and took her time talking with us about the menu in french we had great wine , wonderful unique appetizers and the main course I had the duck which was wonderful and my friend had venison everything was interesting the meal the street view the music and our lovely waitress so sorry I could not mention her name she was great

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Dined here on 7/5 and the food and service was very good. Started out with a house salad and wild boar egg rolls, both of which were excellent. Had the maple dressing on my salad for the first time and enjoyed it. Entrees were ribs glazed with root beer and ginger and a lobster, shrimp and scallop terrine. Again, both were excellent. Ribs were sweet. Portions were good sized. For dessert, we had raspberry creme cheese cake, again very good. We dined outside and the seating overlooked the St. Lawrence River as well as a great people watching location. Recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic menu and atmosphere. Duck, deer and filet mingnion were among the orders at our table, and all impressed.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very enjoyable meal for family with teens. Had the venison which was perfectly cooked with tasty blueberry sauce others were dipping their potatoes in. Duck legs were the favorite of the table. The root beer ginger ribs were unique but be prepared for sweetness. The steak frites piece of meat was a bit fatty but extremely tender so a trade off and the pepper sauce was excellent. Service was excellent as noted with help pairing glasses of wine with entries. Maple desert unique and worth having if you like pancakes w/ syrup as has that flavor but much better.