“Splendid Asian cuisine ”
Review of Apsara

Apsara
Ranked #89 of 1,522 Restaurants in Quebec City
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: For now over 37 years, the Restaurant Apsara offers authentic cuisine from Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand. Located right in the heart of the Old-Quebec, the restaurant welcomes you with pleasure within its walls that will remind you of Cambodia, with original statues and illustrations of Angkor Wat.
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently dined at Apsara based upon a recommendation from our traveler advisor. The food and service were excellent. Once they learned we were celebrating our anniversary they gave us a special dessert and took pictures, which they printed and gave to us. A delicious meal and a special evening. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We went to Apsara after our carriage driver and hotel recommended it. My husband, our 1 year old son, and myself went. They were nice about bringing a child as there were many families there at 6 pm. After that, the service was awful. Our "waiter" came and barked "are you ready to order?" We made a simple order, and I asked for extra broccoli to which he said ok .
When our food came out, he threw the dishes down on the table, and when I inquired about the broccoli, he said it would cost me $10 dollars for some broccoli. I did see the same waiter schmoozing with other large parties (who were ordering alcohol) so perhaps there was some discrimination towards us because we did not have several dishes and hence a large bill. I have never been one to avoid leaving a good tip, but I truly wanted to leave 0% tip for this waiter. Besides the horrible service, the food was average, and I would not recommend this place to anyone visiting Quebec City.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

When I opened the door, it smelled yummy! We ordered one of the meals for two, which had a varied selection of SE Asian foods, all well prepared and very tasty. The decor is attractive and interesting, the staff gracious and helpful, and the prices were very fair. I would definitely return!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Below average. I ordered Thai Pad and got it with.... minced meet and shrimps. I have never seen that during one month stay and eating street food in Thailand. Spices and chop sticks are not served by default, you need to ask for them. They also serve Vietnamese food, maybe this is better.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

A good variety of Asian foods. Moderately priced wine list with excellent wine choices. We were just walking back to our hotel from the summer festival concert and people coming out of the restaurant said it was awesome.

1  Thank LESLIE O